Sat is 911 we will NEVER forget

I am not a firm believer in War, Yet I support Our Troops. Lets all Please take the day to remember all the Heroes who lost their life that day trying to save others. Going to keep it sweet and simple here but I found this great site with tons of info and heart breaking images. We will never forget! My heart aches as i sit here and cry, going through the 160 pages of graphic photographs.

http://911digitalarchive.org/index.php

http://911digitalarchive.org/galleri...llection_id=26

My favorite quote was from one of the civilians who made it out of the towers before they collapsed, "... as we were running out the FireMen were running in..." God Bless Them

I see no conflict being against war while supporting the troops...

The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. ~Douglas MacArthur
Remember those e-mails we all used to get in the aftermath, the architectural sketches of the giant towers that we, as a nation, were bound to resurrect in defiance, some showing the middle tower as a giant middle finger aimed east. Remember those? Where they at?

There sits the hole, same as it ever was since 9/11/2001 ... if there was ever a more telling symbol of an over-governed, orer-regulated, over-lawyered neutered nation I'd like to know what it is. Rebuilding effort, can do spirit, FUCKED by the political class. Bunch of friggin' nutless morons strutting like little Mussolinis.

Y'all know what? If those towers had been rebuilt higher and stronger than they ever were, quicksmart, then nobody would be giving a shit about a Ground Zero Mosque right now. If those towers had been rebuilt a 15 story mosque would be almost as insignificant as a fly turd next door to them.

That raw hole symbolizes the contempt the political class holds toward the American polis. That raw hole is a national disgrace. Our forbears would not believe it.
Yeah, I'll never forget that day. I was working for an ice cream company selling and delivering ice cream to grocery stores, convenience stores, etc. (Hence, the name IceCreamMan). I had already made a few deliveries and pulled up at a Kroger store and I saw one of the employees outside the store crying uncontrollably. I somebody in the store what was wrong with the lady and they told me about the first plane hitting the tower. I ran back out to the truck to listen to AM news radio and just at that time the 2nd plane hit. I was just sitting there not really knowing what to do. All I could do at that point was pray and keep doing my job. I knew I would find out more by listening to the news. It was pretty crazy.
I lost 343 of my brothers that day.
I miss every one of them every day.
The FDNY personified COURAGE that day!

NEVER - EVER - NEVER ever forget!
I lost 343 of my brothers that day.
I miss every one of them every day.
The FDNY personified COURAGE that day!

NEVER - EVER - NEVER ever forget! Originally Posted by Prowordsmith
Amen. And thanks for the thread.
  • eagle
  • 09-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Horrible.
If the statement where only true . But I fear that one day Sep 11 will be relegated to just another day as December 7, 1941 and VJ Day has. I remember when the flags where lowered to half-staff each year and now its turned into a iconic kiss day. Maybe its a generational thing, so when the generations alive when it happened die off or are no longer able to influence things the memory fade away.
Remember those e-mails we all used to get in the aftermath, the architectural sketches of the giant towers that we, as a nation, were bound to resurrect in defiance, some showing the middle tower as a giant middle finger aimed east. Remember those? Where they at?

There sits the hole, same as it ever was since 9/11/2001 ... if there was ever a more telling symbol of an over-governed, orer-regulated, over-lawyered neutered nation I'd like to know what it is. Rebuilding effort, can do spirit, FUCKED by the political class. Bunch of friggin' nutless morons strutting like little Mussolinis.

Y'all know what? If those towers had been rebuilt higher and stronger than they ever were, quicksmart, then nobody would be giving a shit about a Ground Zero Mosque right now. If those towers had been rebuilt a 15 story mosque would be almost as insignificant as a fly turd next door to them.

That raw hole symbolizes the contempt the political class holds toward the American polis. That raw hole is a national disgrace. Our forbears would not believe it. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
And you are surprised by this?? Fuck, where are the trials for those responsible? The ones in CUSTODY!!
And you are surprised by this?? Originally Posted by Sensei
Where'd that come from? Hell naw, I'm not surprised. More like disgusted.

I reiterate: Had those towers been rebuilt, fast and on a much grander scale than the originals, as they would have been in Depression-era America; and had they dominated the skyline for a few years already, there would be no hysteria over some mosque getting built nearby that at 15 stories would be tiny and trivial in comparison. Almost no one would care.

My understanding is the Empire State building got built in 18 months during the Depression (probably some google-scholar will pop up with a correction; the point is that financing was arranged, all the regulatory bullshit was performed, and high-steel men did their jobs and up that thing went in an extremely short period of time). The void left by the WTT stands empty at 9 years, and it will not surprise me if it takes another decade for someone to take the initiative and build something there. I have no idea how others think about this, but to me it is a national disgrace, a betrayal of the 9/11 victims, and symptomatic of a nation in decline, a nation without confidence in the culture it is rapidly losing to political correctness and hyper-regulation.
We should never forget. And we should not let the acts of terrorists change our society.
My favorite quote was from one of the civilians who made it out of the towers before they collapsed, "... as we were running out the FireMen were running in..." God Bless Them

I see no conflict being against war while supporting the troops...

The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. ~Douglas MacArthur Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
+1

I really believe that those who draft 'rules of engagement' should have to try them out in combat before forcing them on real soldiers.
We all remember Ground Zero, but we can't forget the heroes of Flight 93.

• Trey
  • 09-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Is there any traditions for the day I mean do we do the old bbQ thing watch a speech I don't know. So tell me what you will do for this day. For me so far old glory is up on my patio and I will most likely grill us up some steaks and drink some beer.