Provider "what do you look like?"

Ok, I am laughing but a little confused. I have been in the hobby for about 15 years and I was asked "what do you look like" as a part of the screening process. I gave a rough desc. of age, occupation, etc.. assuming it was a kind of polite way to just get a feel for who I was. Shortly thereafter I get a one line email "What do you look like" again. Well, I am a little confused as to what/why. Of course I look like a guy who's out trolling to spend time with beautiful girls who would otherwise not even talk to me if I didn't didn't bring my friends Ben and Ben. I guess my question is to the guys, have you ever had this request or been asked to send a picture of yourself? And to the girls, why would this question or request be made?
Sometimes it is made to ensure the person on the phone is the person at the door.

Sometimes ladies do not like to see over weight men, but do not want to put that in their ad.

Sometimes they do not want to see younger men, or AA men, but again do not want to put that in their ad.

I for one, do not ask what a client looks like. All I care about is screening and that you are not boardman ...lol.
Thanks Brooke, that does make sense.
I always give a short description of myself: "I'm just a short, fat, white-boy." Its all ture-ish:I'm 5'8' and 190 or so with a bit of a gut. The description sets the bar a bit low and so, not expecting some buff stud, she is happy to see me when the door opens.
  • Dad
  • 09-12-2010, 09:29 AM
I always give a short description of myself: "I'm just a short, fat, white-boy." Its all ture-ish:I'm 5'8' and 190 or so with a bit of a gut. The description sets the bar a bit low and so, not expecting some buff stud, she is happy to see me when the door opens. Originally Posted by ICU 812
I have to add "bald & ugly" to my description. When they open the door, they feel relief that I am really bald!