Curiosity About the ECCIE "Like" Button

I'm curious about how y'all use the "Like" button here in ECCIE. I see some threads where every single post says "1 user liked this post", as though someone reading simply "blanket-clicked" the "like" button. I've also seen threads where there are many posts, but no one has "liked" any post in the thread.

In my opinion, the "Like" button can be a good tool. For example, if you really enjoyed a person's post, but you genuinely don't have anything to add to the thread, then clicking "Like" can show that. Also, if you want to show support for a post, but wish to remain anonymous, then it can be handy.

However, it can also be a "lazy" tool. Instead of taking the time to post in a thread, if you just click "Like" (especially here on ECCIE, where we can't see WHO liked the post, but only that someone did), then it could be interpreted by the poster that someone was either "blanketing" the thread with likes, or was too lazy to actually spend a moment or two to make their own comment.

It can also be severely misused. Think about Facebook for a moment. I've seen Facebook posts such as "My father just passed away", that has 15 likes from that person's "friends". My God. Would you want a friend who "liked" the fact that your father or mother died? If that happened to me, I would seriously consider eliminating that person from not only my Facebook friends list, but also from my life.

Okay, I've rambled enough. What' are your opinions on the ECCIE "Like" button, and how do you use it?

I'm curious about how y'all use the "Like" button here in ECCIE.... What' are your opinions on the ECCIE "Like" button, and how do you use it?[/I]
Originally Posted by hotindallas
Nobody cares....
  • LNK
  • 10-02-2013, 06:25 AM
And before it was Like:

I really liked your post, but had nothing to say, so I liked your post.
The "like" button doesn't get used much it would seem but then no one reads my threADS any way!
delete it mmmmm or add a unlike
if your going to have it, make so the poster can not like mmm or unlike his/her own post
I Like taint.