Peter of Rome

St. Malachy prophesied that the last Pope (the next one) would be called Peter of Rome. So what is the name of the leading candidate?

Cardinal Peter Turkson, a 64-year-old Ghanaian prelate, is the bookmaker's early favourite to succeed Pope Benedict XVI.

(cue Twilight Zone music)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...ifestyles.html
It worked in Blazing Saddles!
Link?
Link? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Lazy bastard, cut'n'paste the phrase into the box when you bring up Google.

Oh! I forgot! Your tiny little t-rex arms can't reach the keyboard and your grandma had to take a break to change her Depends.

Also, if there's a black pope and a black US President then I guess we're all in serious trouble, eh? I'm sure that the guy was born in the USA of Pentecostal parentage, too.

I guess Leonardo left out St. Malarky when he painted The Last Supper. Prophesied? More like guessed.
You brought up race, RaggedyAndy. It's his name that is interesting. I don't care who the Catholics elect as Pope.

You have a lot of latent racism and homophobia, don't you? You should really get some therapy. They are able help with those phobias now.
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2013, 09:26 AM
COG finds any Peter interesting
The Prophecy of the Popes is a series of of 112 short, cryptic phrases which purport to predict the popes (along with a few anti-popes). The prophecies were first published by Arnold de Wyon in 1595. Wyon attributes the prophecies to St. Malacy, the 12th‑century Irish archbishop. Given the very accurate description of popes up to 1590 and lack of accuracy after that point, historians have generally concluded that the prophecies were written shortly before they were published.

seems questionable

the last pope Peter "according" to this prophecy will bring abt Rome's destruction and the beginning of the apocalypse
You brought up race, RaggedyAndy. It's his name that is interesting. I don't care who the Catholics elect as Pope.

You have a lot of latent racism and homophobia, don't you? You should really get some therapy. They are able help with those phobias now. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Nah, asswipe, I'm just speaking to the Teawipe choir. Protest all you want, it's for nothing. Everyone knows what's behind the birther bullshit. You can shuck'n'jive and dance around all you want but it's of no use in mommie's basement.

Carry on with the papal prophecy gahr-bazhe along with the associated pagan influenced romanist horse pucky. It fits in nicely with all the rest of your conspiratorial nonsense.
Link? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
what a dipshit you are.

No wonder you were unanimously selected:

THE MOST DISHONEST POSTER ON ECCIE!
We can only hope that Cardinal Peter Turkson was born in Kenya and his Dad was a Muslim!

That would make for some very interesting reading!
RaggedyAndy, birther? Really? Is that the best you got?

Seriously, I just thought it was interesting, and it is. I don't put any stock in St. Malachy's prophecy, Nostradamus, the Mayan Calendar, etc. but I do find them interesting. I have no idea how that makes me a birther.

People are going to go nuts if the conclave selects Cardinal Turkson. It will be fun to watch, kind of like you liberals on here.

Birther? Good god, you got nothin'. I mean you really got nothin'.

Very little very fast is all I need when dealing with you, gritsboy, you're not worth a lot of effort.
In other words, that really is the best you got, RaggedyAndy. LOL! Nothin', nothin' at all.

In other words, that really is the best you got, RaggedyAndy. LOL! Nothin', nothin' at all. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What gives a StupidOldLyingFart, who has repeatedly shown that he has nothing meaningful to add to the discourse, the qualifications to make a determination that another poster has "Nothin', nothin' at all"?
I only say that when they have nothin'. Nothin' at all. Like you, BTLD, you got nothin', nothin' at all.