Too funny - The Libertarian Police Department investigates the theft of $470M in bitcoins

This one is dedicated to COG and all the other die-hard Ayn Rand believers:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...epartment.html

Some wonderful key quotes:

----------------------------------------------------------------
"I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief."
------
“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”
---------
"I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside."
-------
"Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing."

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, there are some serious limitations to pure libertarianism.
  • CJ7
  • 04-02-2014, 05:00 PM
snick
I don't really get it... but I'm sure you Liberals, think it's funny as hell.
  • CJ7
  • 04-02-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't really get it... but I'm sure you Liberals, think it's funny as hell. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

you'll never get it, among so many other things
you'll never get it, among so many other things Originally Posted by CJ7
You are right!... I will never understand the statist, liberal, RINO mind.

OH, and those are commas in between the words... LOL

But, I do understand my friend E.T. Williams.

I don't really get it.... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
The truth will out....
The truth will out.... Originally Posted by ExNYer
Yes it will nyRINOer... Yes it will.
Yes it will nyRINOer... Yes it will. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Good. It's agreed then.

You don't get it.

And never will.
Good. It's agreed then.

You don't get it.

And never will. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Agreed, that I don't think it's funny. You are a nyASSHOLer for starting the BS.
This one is dedicated to COG and all the other die-hard Ayn Rand believers:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...epartment.html

Some wonderful key quotes:

----------------------------------------------------------------
"I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief."
------
“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”
---------
"I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside."
-------
"Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing."

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, there are some serious limitations to pure libertarianism. Originally Posted by ExNYer
OK - the part about putting a quarter in to start the radio and siren was funny, but the other stuff was predictable and dull partisanism.
You are right!... I will never understand the statist, liberal, RINO mind.

OH, and those are commas in between the words... LOL

But, I do understand my friend E.T. Williams.

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I'm glad you think you understand him. Someone needs to I guess LOL. Man, that is one mixed up angry dude!

Oh, and just putting commas in between the worlds does not make it what I think you think it means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8y-qy9N01I
Stupid. And not Libertarian. Just an ignorant eastern liberal trying to make other ignorant eastern liberals laugh. It's like so many here. Make stuff up, criticize it, and then feel self satisfied in your superiority. But it's not based in truth, like that would matter.
Agreed, that I don't think it's funny. You are a nyASSHOLer for starting the BS. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Uh-uh. You said you didn't get it.

That's the part we agreed on.

Whether or not "liberals" find it funny, as you allege, is a different issue.