Moderator Term Limits

• Toyz
  • 08-14-2015, 03:00 PM
I just wanted to post this here & see if there have ever been any discussions on this topic?

Over time even the most open minded person develops bonds & friendships in the hobby. This tends to develop into biased (or even no) moderation when those friends are involved.

In some cases, I don't even think the MODs realize they are doing it.

A thought would be have 2 year time limits on local MODS, then turn over the crew. On odd years half the crew, the other half on even years. Or...actually have the MODs NOT moderate in the same cities that they hobby in, preventing most cases of obstruction or favoritism...or in some documented cases of trading modship decisions for pussy.

Would keep a fresh perspective on things and keep MODs from claiming the title "Moderator" as their permanent entitlement. And although not a fool proof solution, it would be a step in the right direction.

Any thoughts?
Specific examples?
  • Toyz
  • 08-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Specific examples? Originally Posted by pyramider

Nope, 'taint nothing but a general topic question. Obviously holds little interest here.
  • jwood
  • 08-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Leave it like it is. It's a thankless job even if they do get free pussy.
Specific examples? Originally Posted by pyramider
I don't think specifics are necessary. I've barely been here a year and I've noticed the tendency, both in our local forum, and in a few others I've visited.
I think that Toyz second suggestion - mod your non-local area - makes the most sense. Plus then it makes it easy to move mods around if the need arises.
In another lifetime I already commented on this thread (but in this lifetime the comment vanished).

I agree with the OP's suggestions and would love to see an immediate change. But how would the moderators view a change to term limits?

* those that serve the community would likely be relieved to shed the burden;

* those that serve their own interests would likely resist mightily;

Power corrupts. Minimize the power, minimize the corruption. Simple enough.
I nominate Kim Jong Un!! If anybody can straighten out these over-the-hill, washed-up, has been moderators, he can!!
Attached Images File Type: jpg KimJong.jpg (15.1 KB, 560 views)
I second the observations posted by FoulRon and JohnnyYanks -
Eccie is broken, only lifting the hood and changing things will make the engine run smoother. I like the mod in a city that you don't hobby in, sounds fair, and yes term limits.

IB
DP

IB
Another of them... I eanna be a mod threads..

Ask bill, he passed the buck
  • Toyz
  • 08-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Another of them... I eanna be a mod threads..

Ask bill, he passed the buck Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
I think you meant "I wanna be a MOD"?

Hardly...I've moderated chat sites with much larger posting bases than the one I am concerned about. No interest whatsoever.

The topic is valid, please don't try to "think" you see an ulterior motive, there is none at all.
In another lifetime I already commented on this thread (but in this lifetime the comment vanished).

I agree with the OP's suggestions and would love to see an immediate change. But how would the moderators view a change to term limits?

* those that serve the community would likely be relieved to shed the burden;

* those that serve their own interests would likely resist mightily;

Power corrupts. Minimize the power, minimize the corruption. Simple enough. Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks

How would the modtards claim their free pussy if they modtarded outside their own area? The local ladies are generally the ones offering the modtards free pussy ... or so I have been told.
Well, they could settle for taint photos.
I agree with the OP's suggestions and would love to see an immediate change. But how would the moderators view a change to term limits? Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
The owners can run the site exactly how they want. I would have no issue with it.

The topic is valid, please don't try to "think" you see an ulterior motive, there is none at all. Originally Posted by Toyz
Yes, it is a valid topic. Hmmmmm

Are you sure it has nothing to do with your recent return from a ban?

sixx