Where should I stay?

Hello everyone! I will be coming to NYC at the end of the month and it's my first trip, so I'm not 100% sure where the best areas to stay are. It seems like midtown is popular. Is there anywhere else I should consider? And any places to avoid? Thanks!
Midtown is probably the most convenient since it is easy to access from all parts of the city. Other than that I’ve been to some apartments for incall in the upper east side and upper west side. Rarely go down to the financial district so not sure about there. Plenty of hobbyists in northern jersey as well and hotels are cheaper. Hope you have a great trip.
Midtown is probably the most convenient since it is easy to access from all parts of the city. Other than that I’ve been to some apartments for incall in the upper east side and upper west side. Rarely go down to the financial district so not sure about there. Plenty of hobbyists in northern jersey as well and hotels are cheaper. Hope you have a great trip. Originally Posted by vick_18

That's really helpful! I was wondering how easy or difficult it might be to access, so that calms my nerves a bit