Metal detector at BFW

Spent the afternoon unsuccessfully at bucks Fort Worth. On my way out, I noticed a metal detector installed in the lobby.
Talk about closing the barn door after a shoot-out in the parking lot.

I guess the 51% sign didn't deter the pimps with guns - which I'm sure they couldn't legally own anyway.
  • mb60
  • 07-16-2019, 08:39 PM
I thought they had one before but great idea for a strip club.
Problem is, that does not deter much as the guns and weapons are usually in the vehicle, not on the person to take inside the club.
Yep, no LTC required to have one in your car, and it's legal except on federal property (think Post Office parking lots) and schools.

I still have a bet both of these gentlemen have felony records which prohibits them from possessing a gun period. Ask them if they care.
Now I'm worried that my cock-o-steel will set the thing off if the door girl is cute.
Problem is, that does not deter much as the guns and weapons are usually in the vehicle, not on the person to take inside the club. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote

Yes, but my guess is it's to help mitigate legal risk as much as it is for security. If something were to happen inside the club, and the technology that might have helped prevent it was available and affordable, but not employed, that's something I'm sure a plaintiff's lawyer would mention.
Yes, but my guess is it's to help mitigate legal risk as much as it is for security. If something were to happen inside the club, and the technology that might have helped prevent it was available and affordable, but not employed, that's something I'm sure a plaintiff's lawyer would mention. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
Maybe it helps on the legal end so the club has done all it can to make the club safe INSIDE from weapons. But, I believe to shootings that happened there recently were in the parking lot OUTSIDE the club. A good lawyer would probably take it a step further, he could argue that the property owned by the club was not secured from weaponry.

There are lots of guys/pimps/thugs and the like whose elevator does not go to the top. Going to strip clubs is the same as being the hobby, you have to take risks and when you think about it, was getting that nut worth your life?
Such perfect logic is so compelling. I'm never seeing another hooker or watching a stripper in a club. I value my life too much.

I need to stop being on the road, flying, diving, shooting, eating, and taking a dump (there are meth-head crocodiles now)
Interesting. I did not see it there today.
I'm surprised they do not search for weapons.
Saw they just installed a metal detector in Coed Forum too.
How did you miss seeing the metal detector when you entered the club? It's been right there at the entrance door for almost a week. You just walked around it...some Non-regular customers has to walk thru it. I did it just for the hell of it and it went off. My keys and phone set it off...