Rep-Tom Koburn says more than half on disability "faking it". That disability will run out in a couple of years. "Too many people gaming the system".

The average disability check is about $1,100 per month.

"Look, a disability check is not a lot of money," adds Karzis. "I mean, nobody's getting rich on disability. And you take 20 percent, 25 percent of that out, that's a significant amount of money."
Wouldn't even pay for the bricket and booze bill for the high rollers on this board, much less for the hobby.
Wouldn't even pay for the bricket and booze bill for the high rollers on this board, much less for the hobby. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I don't understand how almost half on "disability" get approved if what Rep Koburn is saying is true.

In addition if disability is really going to run out of money in a couple of years as he claims why isn't this a bigger story?

He is saying that most on disability are simply those who are unemployed that can't get a job and fake their way into the "disability system".
I am eligible for disability BUT I choose to work. My check would be over 2,500 per month.
If you think that many with disability are surviving on just that check you are mistaken.
Most are collecting that and have other sources of income.
If you can game disability then you can game all the other programs out there too, like food stamps.
Lots of people with disability making cash on the side.Hey it cost a lot of money to work, gas, transportation, insurance,.
Easiest way to get disability is to tell them you need to register to vote and will sign up as soon as they get you processed so you can pull the straight Dimwitcrat ticket
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_1...fund-runs-dry/

Wow.... Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
If half the people on disability are faking it, that means half the people who claim they became disabled by police beatings are lying, doesn't it?
  • WTF
  • 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM
If half the people on disability are faking it, that means half the people who claim they became disabled by police beatings are lying, doesn't it? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

I played golf with a 20 year old Army Vet who put in 20 who was getting disability too and he worked for HP.

So half the military folks are on disability too gaming the system JL?

I wonder if half the money we give to Israel is wasted?
I played golf with a 20 year old Army Vet who put in 20 who was getting disability too and he worked for HP.

So half the military folks are on disability too gaming the system JL? I was quoting Stan Dupp - ask him

I wonder if half the money we give to Israel is wasted? It is a waste that we only give half as much as we should Originally Posted by WTF
Was he born into the Army?
I don't understand how almost half on "disability" get approved if what Rep Koburn is saying is true.

In addition if disability is really going to run out of money in a couple of years as he claims why isn't this a bigger story?

He is saying that most on disability are simply those who are unemployed that can't get a job and fake their way into the "disability system". Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
Whys does it surprise you?

The number of people on disability surges when unemployment benefits run out. Now, why do you think that is?

If government money is about to get cut off, an unemployed person often will do whatever it takes to keep the checks coming in.

So you end up with a lot of hard-to-disprove medical problems, like back pain, headaches and dizziness, depression, and the like.

Disability programs are among the most abused. I know someone who worked in the NYPD and his full time job was investigating other cops - ones that were on disability or paid sick leave.

He spent all of his days tracking and video-taping cops that were playing golf or fishing when they were supposed to be bedridden with back pain.

The NYFD had a similar program for firefighters.
Whys does it surprise you?

The number of people on disability surges when unemployment benefits run out. Now, why do you think that is?

If government money is about to get cut off, an unemployed person often will do whatever it takes to keep the checks coming in.

So you end up with a lot of hard-to-disprove medical problems, like back pain, headaches and dizziness, depression, and the like.

Disability programs are among the most abused. I know someone who worked in the NYPD and his full time job was investigating other cops - ones that were on disability or paid sick leave.

He spent all of his days tracking and video-taping cops that were playing golf or fishing when they were supposed to be bedridden with back pain.

The NYFD had a similar program for firefighters. Originally Posted by ExNYer
And, I failed to add:

If cops, who have well-paying jobs, are willing to risk losing those job by abusing their disability programs, why would a former JC Penny sales clerk who is about to lose unemployment benefits hesitate for one second to claim disability?
I am eligible for disability BUT I choose to work. My check would be over 2,500 per month.
If you think that many with disability are surviving on just that check you are mistaken.
Most are collecting that and have other sources of income.
If you can game disability then you can game all the other programs out there too, like food stamps.
Lots of people with disability making cash on the side.Hey it cost a lot of money to work, gas, transportation, insurance,.
Easiest way to get disability is to tell them you need to register to vote and will sign up as soon as they get you processed so you can pull the straight Dimwitcrat ticket Originally Posted by The2Dogs

When you say your eligible, did you try to get on disability? How do you know your eligible?

I have seen people with severe mental illnesses who couldn't hold down a job let alone interact with people normally, so I would say someone like that is truly disabled.

I have seen people who were only paralyzed from the waist down, who worked, drove (using specialized vehicles for driving) had typing and clerical positions, so I don't really see them as a disabled person per se.

I guess it all depends on a persons ability to function?

I thought that disability had super rigorous means testing? So how do half the people on disability "fake it"? I just don't understand how that works.

Anyway, yes, it surprises me.
I thought that disability had super rigorous means testing? Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
LOL.

Not in this country.