Pyroll Fraud in the Construction Business

It appears the WTF follows the shady practices of his industry: Fuck them out of benefits and fair pay for overtime

From the Dallas Morning News:

By Stan Marek
Published: 06 October 2013 10:53 PM
Updated: 06 October 2013 11:28 PM

As a longtime supporter of comprehensive immigration reform, I am more optimistic than ever about a real solution coming out of Washington. The partisanship and ideology surrounding the issue are melting away, replaced by pragmatism and a realization that we cannot continue the status quo.
As a conservative Republican businessman, I’ve been disappointed over the years to see many in my own party become intractable on the issue. But there are real leaders emerging who want to set aside the divisions of the past, roll up their sleeves and craft reform that improves our economy and corrects years of social injustice. GOP Texas Reps. Ted Poe, Sam Johnson, John Carter and Pete Olson all now support comprehensive reform that includes a robust guest worker program.
Despite this hope, I am concerned that one huge piece of the puzzle might be lost in the shuffle. There are far too many workers now who are not only undocumented but are also the victims of payroll fraud. This kind of fraud is also known as worker misclassification.
NPR recently called it a “fundamental sickness.” It cited a recent study by the University of Texas that found more than 40 percent of construction workers in Texas are misclassified. In addition, more than 60 percent of workers have no workers’ compensation, nor do they receive overtime pay for long hours.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/la...form-talks.ece
It appears the WTF follows the shady practices of his industry: Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
At first glance I thought you might be referencing .....

............. the well-known practice of borrowing for this job to pay for the last one ... !
At first glance I thought you might be referencing .....

............. the well-known practice of borrowing for this job to pay for the last one ... ! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I'm sure he does that, too!!
Knew a construction foreman in Dallas years ago had 4 men show up each Friday sign their checks give them to him and got $50.00 and leave..
Knew a construction foreman in Dallas years ago had 4 men show up each Friday sign their checks give them to him and got $50.00 and leave.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Poor bastards!
The easy solution to this problem is E-verify, but you will never see this or reform under the current congress or prez. Amnesty maybe, but never a solution, they'll just keep coming for the free healthcare and the jobs. Without border security, even if you gave the 11 million status, more illegals would just come in and take the jobs from those 11 million that just received status. We already tried this and it didn't work.

Have to remember, you may think they are being treated unfairly here, but compared to the average job in Mexico and the South Americas, this is heaven on earth.
Is a PYROLL anything like an EGGROLL?
Is a PYROLL anything like an EGGROLL? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It's actually spelled .... PIEROLL ... and no it's not....