Screening; Personal Life vs. Hobbying

I have been blessed to have a great hobby experience that is full of amazing men and women who have respected me and always left me with my head held high.

I have always screened my clients and demanded the utmost respect from my clients on the phone and in emails. I do read posts they have made, to verify they respect women and try to get a better feel of their personality, and check all the websites that help keep us stay safe. If I receive a text or an email with vulgar content and does not have the ediquitte of a man I would want to see...I end it right then and there.I try to find out enough information and background on the client to have enough of information in case something where to go wrong, I would not be stranded. I do not like when men ask to many questions that could of been answered if they did a little research, when they act as if their above me and I should feel honored they called me. If I feel any bad feeling inside, I do not go forward and nicely decline. In my mind, "My time is valuable, people give a lot of energy on getting to know me prior to appt. request, and if I am not connecting with them I do not want to half ass it, leaving him with the "Half-heartedly Brookie" and an experience not worth remembering. I do not waste their time or mine... and by doing all the above I have remained to stay safe... and enjoy all my session thus far.

ON the other hand... in my personal life I do not have such luck.
I have once heard, "Luck is preparation meeting opportunity."

In my personal life, I have been stolen from, lied to, verbally abused, stood up, used, stranded at bars, cheated on,disrespected through texts, not checked up on, alone at the hospital, and the girl who is always there for people, when their no where to be found when they are needed. WHy? Well I figured out that " If you hang with dogs, you get fleas". Hell, my clients have to basically pass a criminal back ground check, a pass numerous refrence checks, and respect me the way I feel I should be. Not to mention our own little screening habits. In real life, I would just allow whoever over with my "friends", I would give random people my number, allow my ex or guys to disrespect me through texts and IM's by talking dirty or asking for naked pics (that would result in me hanging up on clients) and I hang out with people I thought I trusted (after knowing them couple weeks) and let them in my home, car, or around valuable things... and I wonder why they end up shitted on??? CAUSE I ALLOW IT!! Not anymore though. Im not going to get respected at work... then degraded at home..

I am going to respect *******(real name) just as much as I do Brooke, because in the end... they are both worth just as much!!! MY Time.. Money, Respect, or Appreciation should equally the same !!

SO make sure you screen your personal life just as much as the hobby, and always respect the value of your time! It is not fair to our clients who give us so much, only after they pass our screening, and then allow a friend of a friend have the opportunity to piss on you ... steal from you.. or hurt you with knowing nothing about them!! PLUS their is not alert or review section you can post to alert people or maybe get him caught!

Stay safe, and love yourself!! Both of yourselves!!

love,
Brookie

Brookie, I've never wanted you more
  • motor
  • 01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
You know I was brought up to respect others.......reguardless of what they did for a living, how much money they had or who they knew. Its ashame that there are people who don't think of anyone but themselves, and disrespect others as well. Only thing important to them is what they have and who the know and thats sad. No one should ever take advantage of a friendship.
I agree with almost everything you said. I will add one thing though...It seems some providers take guys for granted. I almost quit this hobby a few months back because I get tired of driving to Dallas, getting excited I'm going to see a lady, only to have them tell me something has come up. It's not just one lady it's several. I agree we should treat you ladies with respect. I appreciate every woman who sees me and make sure they know it.

I'm sorry you have people treat you bad in your real life. You seem like a great woman and should be treated as such.
Well thank you. I am truely hoping that everyone understands the sincerity of my thread, and does not think it is a "look at me" post. I really have learned this lesson. & I bet I am not the only one who finds themselves in this bind. You so sweet! thank you

Brookie
Sorry, Duplicate Post
Well I realized if you do not respect yourself in the real life... or in any part of your life.. why should they?

So I can weave those people out easily by just having higher standards and having better knowledge of who I am associating with.

Sorry you have been hurt poppy. They didn't deserve you or your time anyways
NIce post Brooke! I think a new house and a new job will get you on the right path so in the future you will not have to depend on people that take advantage of you and your time. I know in time you will find that perfect guy and you will all too soon be gone from this world and little piece of our hearts will go with you.
You are a sweet girl Brookie, and you deserve to be happy. Now that you will be picking your friends as carefully as you pick your clients, things will be better for you. Remember, "Friends" are very important and can also be Hobbyists and Providers, as well as real world "Friends". Set high standards and you will not be often disappointed.
I agree whit you brooke if they want us to respect them we need the same from them as well.NICE POST
I'm glad that you are realizing that you need to surround yourself with people that care about you. Good luck to you in your personal life!

I didn't know that your real first name was *******. Your parents were creative in naming you.
Very well written Brookie!!

Bravo
GTC
Thank you for sharing Brooke We sometimes think that the hobby business/personal relationships are different from civilian business/personal relationships. To be frank, they are not. You advise and comments are not only sound but welcome reminders that true friends are hard to find and need to be cherished. Take care and remember if your not growing, your going and based on your comments, you are growing!!!!
Excellent thread, well written and touching. Thank you, Brooke.
Brooke it was nice to chat with you at the last social I attend, looking forward to talking to you again.