"Nuke Em"

I'm watching the Senate Vote on Judge Gorsuch, it seems the so called "Nuclear Option" will be used by the Senate Republicans to confirm.

I guess the Democrats can thank Harry Reid for this, he opened the door.

The truth is, the so called 60 vote threshold to bust the filibuster is a made up rule by the Senate, and can be changed on a simple majority vote. Harry Reid knew this, and knew it was a short term solution, because under the Constitution, a majority is all it takes for confirmation.

Much is being said about how this is the first time that a the Party in charge used the Nuclear Option to confirm a Supreme Court Judge, while ignoring the fact that this is the first time a minority Party had filibustered a Supreme Court Nominee.

This is how the Senate Works. This is also why Elections are important. I doubt Harry Reid invisioned a scenario where the Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress and The White House. He chose a short term solution for an emmediate problem, and it's coming back to bite him and his Party.
I think Reid and everyone else knew what the eventual outcome would be. This was a "protest" by the Dems more than anything from Bitch McConnell refusing hearings on Obama's nominee.

Yeah, I know Biden did the same thing in the early 90's. Just your shitass guberment at work...

Here's a question: Wonder if Bitch will do the same thing near the end of Trump's term if another spot opens up?
I think Reid and everyone else knew what the eventual outcome would be. This was a "protest" by the Dems more than anything from Bitch McConnell refusing hearings on Obama's nominee.

Yeah, I know Biden did the same thing in the early 90's. Just your shitass guberment at work...

Here's a question: Wonder if Bitch will do the same thing near the end of Trump's term if another spot opens up? Originally Posted by Prolongus
Odds are, another Seat will open. And yes, The Republicans will do the same thing.

Why? Because Chuck Schumer and the Democrats will not agree with ANY nominee of President Trump.

So Fuck Em.

This is partisan politics at it's ugliest. Or, depending on your perspective, at it's finest.

Elections have consequences.
Whiner Pro-Plugged-Ass
Odds are, another Seat will open. And yes, The Republicans will do the same thing.

Why? Because Chuck Schumer and the Democrats will not agree with ANY nominee of President Trump.

So Fuck Em.

This is partisan politics at it's ugliest. Or, depending on your perspective, at it's finest.

Elections have consequences. Originally Posted by Jackie S
And, best of ALL, shrilLIARy WON'T be the one sending SCOTUS nominees to the Senate for confirmation !
This is better called the Reid Option since he started it back in 2003. He didn't want to let Bush have those judges so he invented the idea of the filibuster. They didn't do it but the idea was hatched. A decade later Reid then changed Senate rules to allow lower judges to get by on a majority vote except for the Supremes.

So this is the Reid Option and for the first time in history a Supreme Court nominee is being filibusterd. The democrats are the ones changing the rules. McConnell is just putting things back to 2003 and the way they were for over 200 years.
  • WTF
  • 04-06-2017, 11:53 AM

So Fuck Em.

Elections have consequences. Originally Posted by Jackie S
So if a Supreme Court seat opens up in the last year of Trump's presidency, you think the current Senate will wait until after the election before considering the replacement?

So if a Supreme Court seat opens up in the last year of Trump's presidency, you think the current Senate will wait until after the election before considering the replacement?

. Originally Posted by WTF
If the Senate turns Democrat, yes. Do you ever think before you post dumbshit?
Such fucking hypocrisy.

Such a horrible day for democracy.

And McConnell went up and down the aisle high fiving his pals for overruling what he spent the last eight years of his life doing.

They will be held accountable.

And Twitler got lucky. He got a nominee through in the last year of his presidency.

BIGLY.
Bet proposal to Assup:

If Donald Trump is President Jan 22, 2018, the member named Yssup Rider will not post in eccie's Political forum for one year after that date (with that id or any other). If Donald Trump is not President on that date, gnadfly will not post in eccie's Political forum after that date.

You have seven days to accept this bet proposal.
  • WTF
  • 04-06-2017, 12:52 PM
If the Senate turns Democrat, yes. Do you ever think before you post dumbshit? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yes dick lips...that is why I used the word 'current'.

. Originally Posted by WTF
If the Senate is still in the hands of the Republicans, yes.

Untill then, the Democrats can contemplate why they nominated a lying, despicable, money grubbing, sexual predator enabling cunt.

As President Obama so correctly stated......."elections have consequences".
  • WTF
  • 04-06-2017, 01:07 PM
If the Senate is still in the hands of the Republicans, yes.

". Originally Posted by Jackie S
Then you are a fool in this regard...

I agree with the rest of your post...elections indeed do matter.

The Dems demise was just a matter of time after campaign finance reform ruling. Obama knew that as did all others with half a brain.
Bet proposal to Assup:

If Donald Trump is President Jan 22, 2018, the member named Yssup Rider will not post in eccie's Political forum for one year after that date (with that id or any other). If Donald Trump is not President on that date, gnadfly will not post in eccie's Political forum after that date.

You have seven days to accept this bet proposal. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I'll answer that proposal now.

FUCK YOU.
Then you are a fool in this regard...

I agree with the rest of your post...elections indeed do matter.

The Dems demise was just a matter of time after campaign finance reform ruling. Obama knew that as did all others with half a brain. Originally Posted by WTF
My apologies, I misunderstood your post.

If the Senate is still controlled by the Republicans during the last year of a Trump Presidency, then they will certainly vote for his Nominee.