Favorite Quotations

Something a little different...post 'em if you've got 'em.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

- George Bernard Shaw

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”

- Will Rogers

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

- Sir Winston Churchill

"The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship."

- Sir Francis Bacon
  • Lliks
  • 11-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Mark Twain or Abe Lincoln

Unfortunately that is some advice I should have taken a few times in my life🙃
Madame, I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and I will be sober in the morning.

Winston Churchill
Obviously your not a golfer- The Dude
“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
– Lewis B. Chesty Puller, USMC
"If you are asking for his opinion, you are driving your duck to a pretty small pond"

My Grandpa
"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." - Aristotle Onassis (1906-1975)
“The greatest advances of civilization, whether in architecture or painting, in science and literature, in industry or agriculture, have never come from centralized government.” - Milton Friedman
Mr. David Stockman has said that supply-side economics was merely a cover for the trickle-down approach to economic policy—what an older and less elegant generation called the horse-and-sparrow theory: If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows.
--John Kenneth Galbraith

Cheers,

bcg
An Army of Deer led by a Lion are to be feared more than an Army of Lion led by a Deer.

Phillip of Macedonia.

FYI

Alexander the Greats father.
"Gentlemen, we are being killed on the beaches. Let us go inland and be killed."
-Major General Norman 'Dutch' Cota
Porthos: May one ask - delicately - the cause in which we're expected to die?
Aramis: When you go on a campaign, does the King give his reasons? He says, "Porthos, fight!" and you fight.
Porthos: Oh, I do, I do!
Aramis: Then let's go and be killed where we're told to! Is life worth so many questions?
--The Three Musketeers [1973 film]

Cheers,

bcg
"Well a pretty face don't make a pretty heart, I learned that, buddy, from the start"

Robert Palmer or whoever wrote that song
"If a man ain't careful, he can make a profession out of revenge".

Whoever are the writers of "Godless"
The original movie MASH...
"No. No food. Sex. I want sex. Bring me some sex. [The others call for Storch, but Trapper John points at Hot-Lips] No, no, no, that one. Bring me that one over there. That one.
The sultry bitch with the fire in her eyes. Take her clothes off! I want that one, yes. Take her clothes off and bring her to me now."