Apartments that don't do background checks- Plano, Addison, Carrollton near DNT ??

Anyone know of any?
One plead DUI, others are pending and should be reduced to misdemeanors.

Thank you!!
Lmao !!!

You’re funny

Ask Charlie Brown
OP, check your inbox. You can also Google "felon friendly apartments" in the area. Most are in the Lewisville / Denton area and some are nice. Any felony arrest and some lesser charges disqualify you from most apartments regardless of the disposition of your case.
  • BLM69
  • 04-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Drink and drive much?
Uber is cheaper than a DUI, js
As someone who works in Property Management, I can tell you that everybody screens nowadays. Where each individual property, or each management company, or each owner, is different, as in how they assess the results of the screening. In some cases, a felony within 5 years will disqualify you, while in others it may be 10 or 15 years. Many management companies or owners are willing to overlook misdemeanor convictions, or non violent or non property related convictions. Just call and ask the property you're interested in what they're screening criteria are.
  • BLM69
  • 04-09-2019, 04:09 PM
OP might be at happy hour
katheryn, TMI !!!!! ijs .....
Many management companies or owners are willing to overlook misdemeanor convictions, or non violent or non property related convictions. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot

Well, I wouldn't say that. If you've even been arrested for certain things, like solicitation, they can deny your application.

I'd say call a locator service (like moveforfree.com) to help in your search and explain your situation. They know a lot of the complexes that are more forgiving and give 2nd chances. They are free for you and some will even cover the cost to move you.
It is flat out getting more difficult to rent in Dallas if you aren't squeaky clean. I don't have a criminal record, but my credit is still pretty trashed from the chemo situation... and I've had more no's than yesses. And the yesses came with massive deposits.

Such is the disadvantage of being in a hot rental market due to relocations. Landlords/property managers can afford to be a lot more picky.
These management companies will gladly take the application fees and deny you. I’ll say it again. Google felony friendly apartments in your area. Some are actually nice. dont waste your time and money on application fees unless the apartment fees if they don’t acknowledge felony friendly which will cover all arrests.

And you are welcome OP. A lot of people have added good advice with no response

Well, I wouldn't say that. If you've even been arrested for certain things, like solicitation, they can deny your application. Originally Posted by Laura Lynn
Again, as someone who works in the industry, I would. Of course, anyone can deny an application for any number of reasons. But here's the thing: They don't want to denu your application. They want a rent-paying body in that unit. I look at this stuff all day long: Management companies would much rather deal with one good application yielding a $50 application fee and a $1,000/month rent than they would an unending supply of %50 application fees.

There's a lot that goes into the screening decision. Sometimes, particularly at small complexes without on-site management, the owner or syndicator makes the call as to who passes and who doesn't.

A property's value is based on its net operating income. An owner in an 18-unit complex who is trying to sell the property and who has two units vacant desperately wants those units to be filled and may be willing to let in someone who wouldn't otherwise pass screening in order to present a full property yo his broker.

And an owner who's just spent $1.2 million rehabbing a 25-unit property that currently sits at 28% occupancy will do almost anything to be able to show his lender a rent roll with more units filled.