Democratic platform fight over TPP will show what democracy we really have

I'm watching the Democratic Convention right now and didn't know what "TPP" was. Then I looked it up. Wow. It has huge implications. If Hillary is elected and let's it pass into law, I will be very disappointed, as will many other democrats. What a disaster. Talk about corporate facism!!! She is saying she is against it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Drafted mostly by corporations, negotiated in secret, with restricted access even for members of Congress, the deal would grant corporations the right to sue governments for all kinds of decisions, laws or regulations that infringe on their profits or potential profits. The lawsuits would be decided by a panel of private lawyers and their decisions could overrule our Congress and Supreme Court: The overlapping issues of national sovereignty and democracy are once again brought to the fore. Patent-boosting rules favored by pharmaceutical companies would increase the price of prescription drugs. And the economic gains, even as estimated by pro-TPP economists, are tiny: By their estimates, the agreement would make the U.S. as rich on January 1, 2030 as it would otherwise be by mid-March of the same year.

See this article:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...will-show-what

Once she saw final details of agreement, she now no longer supports the TPP:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Hill...Free_Trade.htm
She is saying she is against it. Originally Posted by SassySue
How can you tell???

Unless she lies... A LOT!
Waaahhh. Waaahhh. Waaahhhh.

You're sad, gfe(forbidden topic). Sad.

That I can tell you.
CorruptonH says Allahu Akbar...

That I can tell you. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Truth hurts sometimes, don't it?
  • DSK
  • 07-25-2016, 08:52 PM

That I can tell you. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You can't tell anyone shit, you fucking loser.

You can't even spell gripe correctly!

You and your faggot husband need to get a grip on reality!!
Grown ups on stage this week.

Whole messa neegras, mezzanins, wimmin and fagnits coming to getcha!

Who's taking the bet?

None of you have the balls...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
Hillary has taken both sides of this issue. She will not oppose it if she is elected. Her owners want it. She's just saying she is opposed to it to get elected. She's lying.
They expect her to lie. They would be disappointed if she did not.
Nice talk JL.

I haven't heard this much bleating since the 2012 election.

And this is just Day 1.

Here come the PEOPLE!

Hunker down, bunker clowns.
Hillary has taken both sides of this issue. She will not oppose it if she is elected. Her owners want it. She's just saying she is opposed to it to get elected. She's lying. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Clinton and Sanders are both against it. They are outnumbered by Clinton's delegate elites who are in favor of it. If she becomes President, she may be able to block it. We'll see. Republicans are trying to convince the public Clinton is in favor it. That's simply not true.

The panel did block several proposals favored by Sanders and his supporters. It refused to adopt a proposed amendment by Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) that would have opposed President Obama on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) — both Sanders and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton have spoken against the trade deal. Instead, the panel backed a measure that acknowledged “a diversity of views in the party” on the TPP.

… “It is hard for me to understand why Secretary Clinton’s delegates won’t stand behind Secretary Clinton’s positions in the party’s platform,” says Sanders, who has said he will vote for Clinton in her race with Trump but argues that the platform must be strengthened in order to better position Clinton to beat the presumptive Republican nominee.

See this article:

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...ne-clinton-tpp

You say Clinton is lying, but it's sometimes the other elite delegates that are not backing her proposals. It always takes a majority vote.