Newbie Reviews

All right, I think everyone knows I try to be a friend to the newbies so I'm not trying to dog on them too much here.

I'm not singling anyone out but I keep seeing all these first reviews from guys who just signed up saying the lady they saw is their ATF or the "best in the state". I don't know, maybe see 2-3 before deciding who the best in the state is? It happens way too often to be a coincidence, obviously they have been coached to say that. Hell, many of them probably hadn't even heard the term "ATF" yet until they were told to use it in their review.

Like I said, I don't intend to come down on the newbies too much. I certainly made (more than) my fair share of mistakes in the beginning. And I wouldn't have written the newbie guide if I didn't want them to succeed. Just...guys...you can act like you've been there before even if you haven't yet. Your review should be a reflection of what your thoughts about the experience are. Not what someone else told you they should be. It's fine to report a positive experience - it's great that you had one. But quite honestly, until you have a few under your belt, you really don't know how truly good it was in relation to other alternatives because you have nothing to compare it to. That's all I'm saying.

Ok, off soapbox. I'm sure some flames are coming my way so I have my fire-retardant suit at the ready! lol
They’re probably just really, really excited to have recently discovered the hobby. I agree though, it’s hard to gauge who’s the best when you’ve only had an experience or two.

Maybe they’re comparing their new provider to their shitty past girlfriends/wives? That’s like being the best meal ever to a starving Ethiopian. Sample the buffet a little and check back in, guys. Lol
Hell, many of them probably hadn't even heard the term "ATF" yet until they were told to use it in their review. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
I thought they were telling me to talk about automatic transmission fluid. Wasn't sure if I was referring to Dextron II or not.
I thought they were telling me to talk about automatic transmission fluid. Wasn't sure if I was referring to Dextron II or not. Originally Posted by arealone
Perhaps lol! But you are the opposite of a newbie and your reviews very clearly reflect your own thoughts and no one else's.

I actually cringe when I go back and read my early ones. Almost all newbie reviews suck, it's expected. I just don't like to see them being manipulated and I feel like some of them are.
They’re probably just really, really excited to have recently discovered the hobby. I agree though, it’s hard to gauge who’s the best when you’ve only had an experience or two.

Maybe they’re comparing their new provider to their shitty past girlfriends/wives? That’s like being the best meal ever to a starving Ethiopian. Sample the buffet a little and check back in, guys. Lol Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Yeah, it's undestandable to be overly excited after your first one. I was.

Lol, good analogy. Yeah, sample a few of the dishes first before deciding what the best thing on the menu is. Very true.
Originally Posted by bigjohn001
Aieeeeeeeeeeee!!! The flames, they burn!!!
  • BK
  • 01-21-2018, 02:50 PM
I don't see any newbies proclaiming anyone the best in the state. But I don't research this board like some do.

Also, just because someone doesn't post a ton of reviews doesn't mean they aren't seeing ladies. Some guys probably don't want to be critiqued on their lack of letters to Penthouse type writing most expect to read. just because they joined this board recently also doesn't make them a newbie in the hobby, you have no idea how many ladies anyone has seen or not seen. I have seen way way more than the reviews I have posted. I prefer to keep my review count low because not all providers like being reviewed. Many national ladies will not see guys that do reviews or belong to review boards. So don't always assume someone is a newbie.
I don't see any newbies proclaiming anyone the best in the state. But I don't research this board like some do.

Also, just because someone doesn't post a ton of reviews doesn't mean they aren't seeing ladies. Some guys probably don't want to be critiqued on their lack of letters to Penthouse type writing most expect to read. just because they joined this board recently also doesn't make them a newbie in the hobby, you have no idea how many ladies anyone has seen or not seen. I have seen way way more than the reviews I have posted. I prefer to keep my review count low because not all providers like being reviewed. Many national ladies will not see guys that do reviews or belong to review boards. So don't always assume someone is a newbie. Originally Posted by BK
Someone signs up a day or two before writing their first review and shouldn't be considered a newbie? Does not compute. Maybe not 100% of the time. but the odds in that situation are that they are a newbie. And I'll PM you links to the reviews if you want.
I totally agree with BK. Some guys might be a “newbie” on this particular sight but it may not mean that they just start hobbying. They are tons of sights that guys are on other than this specific one. Just saying
OK. I'm not saying every apparent first review is a newbie review. But some are, and it's generally pretty obvious when they are. Often times they even state they are newbies in their first reviews. But all opinions are valid.
I agree with BK,I don't do reviews anymore unless there is something really positive or negative to report.or if a lady just has to have one.we all know some will get pissed if you don't do one.
Clearly both views are correct. Length of time as a member and posting history gives a clue as does a review with weird or inappropriate use of abbreviations and lots of blank fields.

Also, just because someone doesn't post a ton of reviews doesn't mean they aren't seeing ladies. Some guys probably don't want to be critiqued on their lack of letters to Penthouse type writing most expect to read. just because they joined this board recently also doesn't make them a newbie in the hobby, you have no idea how many ladies anyone has seen or not seen. I have seen way way more than the reviews I have posted. I prefer to keep my review count low because not all providers like being reviewed. Many national ladies will not see guys that do reviews or belong to review boards. So don't always assume someone is a newbie. Originally Posted by BK

This.

Since I've joined the site, I've done reviews on 4 ladies, but have seen 7 in the LR forum. Since I started the hobby in 2009, I've seen about 30+ providers. Hell I just saw my ATF last night before leaving town and I owe her a review, but I'm going to be busy with work stuff for awhile so I don't have time to write one, or for the other fine ladies I've seen.

But I agree with Spanky that newbies should try seeing other more than 2-3 before deciding who their ATF should be.
This.

Since I've joined the site, I've done reviews on 4 ladies, but have seen 7 in the LR forum. Since I started the hobby in 2009, I've seen about 30+ providers. Hell I just saw my ATF last night before leaving town and I owe her a review, but I'm going to be busy with work stuff for awhile so I don't have time to write one, or for the other fine ladies I've seen.

But I agree with Spanky that newbies should try seeing other more than 2-3 before deciding who their ATF should be. Originally Posted by Parttimehobbyist
It's a good example that someone can have much more experience than their review history indicates. No dispute from me on that at all.

This refers back to earlier than Parttimehobbyist's quote above but I'd rather not turn this into whether reviews in general should or shouldn't be done. That was nowhere in the OP. Maybe it would be a good topic to open sometime though, as it seems like there is a diversity of opinions about it.

Update - there's a thread for that now: https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2292288