The Benefits of Global Warming

I'm still a skeptic that Carbon Dioxide emissions are the primary factor in warming. To this I look to my Viking ancestors, who lived in Greenland a thousand years ago when Greenland was much warmer than it's been since...until very recently. The facts are the last thousand years the earth has been much colder than normal, and now it's returning to normal with or without man-induced emissions like carbon dioxide or methane from farm animals.

In his new book "The Earth in 2050" UCLA Geographer Larry Smith points out what my Viking ancestors knew a thousand years ago - that the northern third of the planet, recently a frozen wasteland, is the best part of the planet when earth's temperatures are more normal.

This means that in the future the huge areas of Canada, Russia, Siberia and the Nordic countries will be freed-up for living once again. And these are some of the best places anywhere. Alaska, with it's awesome beauty and size, will be comfortable to live in. And all these areas are densely covered with forests which have been preserved by their heretofore inaccessibility.

There is oil, gas, diamonds, gold, WATER, etc. galore in all these places, and the people who will be exploiting and benefiting from all this will be peoples in cultures more like our own.
All i can say is that any 'science' that relies on Gov money seems to amazingly always fits what the money wants it to fit. For instance, Cali emissions act has been proven to be 340% off in favor of making it a law just 2 years ago. Payed science is a horrible idea.
Al Gore is the first Green Billionaire for a reason.
Much of Canada has never even been mapped!

The Arctic shelf is enormous, and may have more oil and gas than thirty Saudi Arabias.

This summer for the first time the Arctic was navigable around Russia.

People are growing potatoes in Greenland as we speak!
When it is warmer we have more food grown. I think that is a good thing, just saying.

Worried about carbon dioxide? Grow more plants.
The growing season in the fertile plains of Canada, Minnesota, etc. will expand. Alaska will be opened up for year-long habitation and homes and cities will dot the scenic landscape there. Gold and oil will flow in abundance. Canada and Russia will be the two richest countries in the world, and will sell oil and metals to India and Japan, which will see their cities covered with sea water and their lands turned into deserts.
Having the Maldives and such places covered with water will be a small price to pay...and we will not be the ones paying it.

Many will be the losers as this occurs, but it seems we and those like us will be the winners..YIPPIE.
There will be winners and losers. As a whole more winners than losers. Texas may have some rainfall problems.
Having been in Texas when there was drought I hope our problem isn't that. The ample rains of the last year have left so much vegetation in my west Austin neighborhood that all the deer are fat, with all the bucks rated at 8 points on their antlers. I saw a heard of bucks, all 8-pointers, walking single file across the road from my place - I counted ELEVEN of them. I've never seen anything like that before. It was truely one of the strangest things in nature I've ever witnessed, and in the city!

I credit the ample rains for this.