Good Pub / Bar in Down Town Fort Worth?

Anyone know of a good Pub in downtown FW to sit and have a Guinness during the day.. Lunch crowd?
Would be nice if it had good scenery: Cute Female Bartender and or Nice looking women like to hand there.
might ask on the ISO's...
  • SLAM
  • 07-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I'll second the Flying Saucer. Great beer selection (including Guinness) and cute waitresses in short skirts.
8.0 has a better looking crowd.
  • T-Can
  • 07-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Flying Saucer is great! Try also Durty Murphys, one of my friends is a bartender there and has a nice rack but place tends to get a little busy and isn't that big of a place. It is off Houston St. between 5th and 6th street next door to Pete's Piano Bar. Good beer selection and they have Guiness.

Another fav of mine is MAlone'sPub by the convention center.....good beer selection but is missing the boobs, haha
Flying Saucer is great! Try also Durty Murphys, one of my friends is a bartender there and has a nice rack but place tends to get a little busy and isn't that big of a place. It is off Houston St. between 5th and 6th street next door to Pete's Piano Bar. Good beer selection and they have Guiness.

Another fav of mine is MAlone'sPub by the convention center.....good beer selection but is missing the boobs, haha Originally Posted by CanDo01

Sounds like a good place.. Ive been to Flying Saucer and 8.0.. Looking for more of a hole in the wall.

Thanks!
Looking for more of a hole in the wall.

Thanks! Originally Posted by morefunat38
All I can think of is Taylor Rain in "Gas station Glory Hole Girl, part VII"
Love the Flying Saucer............
8.0 is really nice, good menu too. Flying Saucer is also very good.
I used to love the old Pour House in Sundance Square. I know it moved over to 7th Street, haven't been to the new location but could be worth checking out. As far as hole in the walls there is a place down by UNO's, I think its the red goose or something like that. It might fit the bill.
  • T-Can
  • 07-15-2011, 08:54 AM
I used to love the old Pour House in Sundance Square. I know it moved over to 7th Street, haven't been to the new location but could be worth checking out. As far as hole in the walls there is a place down by UNO's, I think its the red goose or something like that. It might fit the bill. Originally Posted by Spike21
The new Pour House isn't that bad, just don't like the parking situation. The Red Goose used to be great but now it just plain sucks these days. But then again, me and Spike differ in taste.

The 7th St. area is getting to be a fine place to go.....if you check out the Pour House, you should check out M Loung and Durty Crow as well.
There's a cool place on Magnolia Ave. called The Usual. It is smoke free and they specialize in prohibition style drinks. You can smoke on the patio though. The Chat Room accross the street is worth checking out. It's a more traditional bar setting,friendly staff, patio, nice artwork on the walls, pool tables, and a Playboy pinball machine. Also the Yukatan Taco Stand nearby is a good place to eat.
cookie man
What is a "prohibition style drink"?
cookie man
What is a "prohibition style drink"? Originally Posted by Bloodhound
Good question...lol. The comments in this link may describe the place better than me. I live in Plano and have only been there once but was impressed.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-usual-fort-worth

Now this bar may not be what the OP was looking for exactly, but I thought it was a cool place to drop by going out or coming home. They have traditional drinks but the prohibition era cocktails are their draw.

If you want to get your date drunk with style, this is the place. It's actually cool to talk to the bartender about the different choices, watch him craft your drink, and then enjoy the rich flavors in an old-fashioned style. There are 28 cocktails on the menu including the Moscow Mule and the Bees Knees.