Capitalization

Recent post by sweet.treat69 made me think of this......

In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people who send text messages and emails have long forgotten the art of capitalization. For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the following statement...

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
Thanks for pointing that out. Another guy who hates the fact that I don't capitalize .... Most of the time, I am in fact on my cell phone and the settings are undercase. Like I've explained in most of my posts on that particular thread.... I don't think it's a big deal, but obviously it still bothered you and you felt the urge to post this thread.
It was not pointed at you but to the post you made.
Interestingly, my phone has the capacity to both capitalize or lock caps as well as just maintain lower case (btw I don't believe this is unique.) Activating/deactivating the function takes mere seconds.

c.a.
Interestingly, my phone has the capacity to both capitalize or lock caps as well as just maintain lower case (btw I don't believe this is unique.) Activating/deactivating the function takes mere seconds. Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
But you have to be a licensed rocket scientist to do it legally, right?
But you have to be a licensed rocket scientist to do it legally, right? Originally Posted by TexTushHog
You must exceed these requirements (edited somewhat):

1. graduated from high school with a 3.5 gpa with HONORS and french, spanish, and german.
2. accepted on a scholarship.
3. proof read and fix every damn post on this forum.
4. won writing contests since elementary school.
5. type over 80 wpm (thats words per minute).
6. know the girl or guy ISNT stupid and KNOWS how to spell and speak correctly.

c.a.
Like I tell my son, "Any trained monkey can take the time to check for spelling, grammar, and CAPITALIZATION!" Sorry, but no excuse for laziness!
Like I tell my son, "Any trained monkey can take the time to check for spelling, grammar, and CAPITALIZATION!" Sorry, but no excuse for laziness! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Seriously? Monkeys can do all that? Well that just plain freaks me out a bit considering the Planet of the Apes movies. Next someone will go into space, only to come back and yell at the statue of liberty.
On my phone, holding the key for an extra second converts it to a capital letter.

I can probably handle all caps or all uncapitalized letters BeTtEr ThAn ThIs CrAp.
BeTtEr ThAn ThIs CrAp. Originally Posted by tigercat
Yep, that one (and posts that are 50 lines long without any paragraph breaks) get to me more than misuse of upper & lower case.
Seriously? Monkeys can do all that? Originally Posted by soccer guy
Even an untrained monkey, given enough monkeys, enough time, and enough opportunities.

Ever hear the phrase, "Put an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters, for an infinite number of years, and eventually one of them will type the Complete Works of Shakespeare."? It's called the Infinite Monkey Hypothesis.

Or as I once had a professor paraphrase it, "Put an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite number of years -- God, imagine the stench!!!"
So let me get this right trained monkeys (a.k.a. street walkers) work Harry Hines, and high class providers work here?
So let me get this right trained monkeys (a.k.a. street walkers) work Harry Hines, and high class providers work here? Originally Posted by FishGuy13
My understanding was that trained monkeys work in politics.

Hairy Hines I'd probably equate to untrained monkeys with bad childhoods. Poor things. Maybe we should start a "stop abusing your monkey" support group. That would probably be more for the pimps though, so maybe not.

As far as here, all I've seen so far are beautiful women.
[quote=Chainsaw Anthropologist;1483216]You must exceed these requirements (edited somewhat):

1. graduated from high school with a 3.5 gpa with HONORS and french, spanish, and german.
2. accepted on a scholarship.
3. proof read and fix every damn post on this forum.
4. won writing contests since elementary school.
5. type over 80 wpm (thats words per minute).
6. know the girl or guy ISNT stupid and KNOWS how to spell and speak correctly.

For the love of G, man, where's your capitalization in the above? The punctuation? Oh, the humanity!!