bay area police use facebook and twitter to out johns

Working link
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Bay-Area-Police-Use-Facebook-And-Twitter-to-Out-Johns-274229771.html? Originally Posted by bored@home

By looking at those photographs, I doubt any of those guys have Facebook or twitter.

They probably don't have anything to worry about concerning anyone noticing them.

Looks like they are using the old 'human trafficking" angle again as a justification.
One would think they have to prove specific human trafficking occurs in the area and the johns involved participated in it knowingly before they make such wild and harmful allegations...

I wish they would take the time and effort to combat the real human trafficking that goes on, not just make pronouncements pretending they are eradicating it with these operations, which have no provable link showing their efficacy in combating the problem.
The HT hysteria of today is the white slavery hysteria of 100 years ago reborn. It was nonsense then and nonsense now. Just an excuse to persecute people for consensual adult acts which are unpopular among the self righteous ruling elite.
I believe they are violating the accused civil rights. The are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I have problems with that policy on mere principal. Let people who want to know make use of FOIA to request information. Using social media to shame them is abhorrent to my sensibilities. Punishments should come after a trial or plea, not BEFORE!
If the girls were under age as stated in the article I say good for law enforcement. Article said some were as young as 12. That is pedophilia and child abuse. I can't see how anyone would be ok with that.
If the girls were under age as stated in the article I say good for law enforcement. Article said some were as young as 12. That is pedophilia and child abuse. I can't see how anyone would be ok with that. Originally Posted by Mavs fan
The article says that the arrested men solicited adult policewomen. No indication that any of the decoys claimed to be underage during this particular sting operation.

The police want society to conflate all prostitution with trafficking and pedophilia. That is why they always bring up both subjects in their press releases, especially in cases where no evidence of either has been found.

Once people realize that most sex workers are non-trafficked adults, the sex fascists will have to find another group to persecute in order to justify their pitiful existence.
Interesting and informative but an alert for DFW how?
Bring it on Poolease. I'm single, no kids, over 21 and if I get arrested for banging some of the hottest women in Dallas, I want 8x10 glossies of my mug shot. My T-shirt says "proud to be a John". "This dick available for immediate use."
What they gonna do, tell my Mama? I'm self-employed and the boys in the shop like to see pics of who I tap. Some of the chicks even stop by work and say hi to the guys.
Police work the angle that they are going to punish you via community embarrassment BEFORE you get your day in court. Essentially punishing you twice. Once in court of law. Once in court of public opinion. I say bring it on you time wasting fuck busters.