What would it look like if....

...Dallas turned an apartment complex into Hobbyville, with units only available to providers and hobbyists, and let them apply their trade? Who would be the unofficial mayor? Who would handle waste management? Who would be best suited for organizing pool parties. etc? Who would you want to share a 1 or 2 bedroom unit with? Who still couldn't make rent?

It might look a little like Amsterdam. Outcalls wouldn't have an upcharge. Some providers you'd have to keep at opposite ends of the complex (I'd have to wear a disguise to get past Abigail Rosalands unit without being scolded). And there would need to be a hidden entrance from, maybe, the Galeria parking garage.

I know, it'll never happen, but it's fun to think of all the funny scenarios(shout out Pyramiders taint).
There would need to be a "Miss Mona" running the joint.

Yep - the CHICKEN RANCH

Watch this video ... and as corny as it may seem - it tells the truth of what could happen to such a place !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3uX58tQ7mQ
I wasn't taking it that seriously but you have a point, Torre. I nominate you for sheriff!
Edit, oop's wrong thread.
I wasn't taking it that seriously but you have a point, Torre. I nominate you for sheriff! Originally Posted by johnclark
Darn Tootin!

But I kinda like Miss Mona with the shotgun ... that works for me as well .. .. ..
Actually once upon a time in Dallas there was such a place. I really liked it,it was an older complex with a courtyard, a back gate, and basement parking. The owner even took cash for rent!!!!!
Well John Clark ,I'm not sure about scolding you, but i sure do like to do other things to you.
If hobbyist kept all of the girls busy and well paid, it would be paradise. The minute business slowed down for any of the girls, it would turn into hell on earth. Probably end up burned to the ground.
Put together a group of like-minded investors, buy a complex, and execute the business plan. Better act now, though; cap rates in Dallas are getting so high that a lot of potential buyers can't make offers that they feel are prudent.
Good idea and thought OP, but SirL has a point. It would be up to us to screen and insure biz and it could work. Lot's of liability issues as well...lawyer up to make it happen, need a shill corp or such.
Well - depending on the age of the multi family unit ... even with 93% occupancy the cap rate might max out at 8.4%.
However ... that could pull in about $760K gross profit per year - if managed well. You would have to watch the operating expenses as they could eat you alive.

All that being said ... you might need extra security on the premises and that would cut into profit as well.

If I were Miss Mona - I might could handle the challenge ... in a unit of 100 or less.

The figures I gave were on a unit of 88.

Just sayin.
Well John Clark ,I'm not sure about scolding you, but i sure do like to do other things to you. Originally Posted by Abigail Rosaland

And that's how you got me eating out of the palm of your hand
Jeeze, y'all get a room.☺
I was thinking the same thing
Well - depending on the age of the multi family unit ... even with 93% occupancy the cap rate might max out at 8.4%.
However ... that could pull in about $760K gross profit per year - if managed well. You would have to watch the operating expenses as they could eat you alive.

All that being said ... you might need extra security on the premises and that would cut into profit as well.

If I were Miss Mona - I might could handle the challenge ... in a unit of 100 or less.

The figures I gave were on a unit of 88.

Just sayin. Originally Posted by Torre Tames
Not on topic, but I find your response very sexy!!!!