Honoring those who serve and protect

Tomorrow is Memorial Day and I would like to say Thank you to all who past,present and future are or will be part of the armed forces as well as the families and friends of these great day. I found this when I did a search on Memorial day and would like to share it...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...orial-day-2011
Memorial Day is a day to honor the ones who have died while in the service of the USA. There is no higher honor.

Indeed Papa Joe.

To all my brothers in arms that never got the chance to come home, you will never be forgotten!
Along with many other times, in '93 this speech was read. The speech always crosses my mind on Memorial Day.

"Whoever does not have the stomach for this fight, let him depart. Give him money to speed his departure since we wish not to die in that man’s company. Whoever lives past today and comes home safely will rouse himself every year on this day, show his neighbor his scars, and tell embellished stories of all their great feats of battle. These stories he will teach his son and from this day until the end of the world we shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for whoever has shed his blood with me shall be my brother. And those men afraid to go will think themselves lesser men as they hear of how we fought and died together."

~ William Shakespeare
Indeed Papa Joe.

To all my brothers in arms that never got the chance to come home, you will never be forgotten! Originally Posted by Southernarmyboy
As a 24-year USAF vet, I echo your sentiments and salute those who have given all.
In memory of the heroes that did not come back and made the ultimate sacrifice. As an old soldier, I salute all of them and the ones still serving to protect our freedoms.

Best way to honor us is to give active servicemen a discount. Salutes are nice...but pussy is golden.
The Ladies who have seen me BCD know I have scars. I have never asked for anything, but I do appreciate a heartfelt "thanks"
Best way to honor us is to give active servicemen a discount. Salutes are nice...but pussy is golden. Originally Posted by wheres waldo
Slap yourself.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-30-2011, 01:13 AM
To all those who have served and who are serving now...

Thank you so much!!

Best way to honor us is to give active servicemen a discount. Salutes are nice...but pussy is golden. Originally Posted by wheres waldo

Check your pm WALDO.......I am almost certain you won't last a week......