Provider on my Facebook Question

An active provider I've met has appeared in that section on my personal FB account with her real name, personal photos, etc.

We have zero mutual friends and neither of us knew each other's RW names. Is this a coincidence or do any tech people on here know how the " People You May Know " section works?

Has this ever happened to anybody else?
Its happened to me a couple of times....usually after I email them. I suspect FB does some kind of search using who you email, but that is just a wild ass guess. It has also happened with other people I email.
Its their phone number! If their phone number is saved in your phone, and is saved on their fB account, your fb account automatically suggests your contacts to add onto your social media!
FB reads/imports the contact list on your phone to help find "People You May Know". My guess is you have her info saved as a contact.
This is why I don't sync any of my info in my phone. It's never happened to me personallyour, but I've heardone it from both sides. :/
  • L.A.
  • 10-23-2016, 05:47 PM
I don't know what it looks for or how. Mine did this with an active provider that I saw like 6 years ago and I don't have her number saved and this is probably my 3rd phone since I saw her.. I'm not sure where it got it but her name sure did show up on suggested friends.
Definitely strange because I always use the Burner app and erase after ease use. Hobby email connected to both p411 &Eccie, but personal email on FB.
  • Gbfsl
  • 10-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Just had two pop up on mine today. Never happened before.

Interesting.
ive had thsi happen before and the provider was friends with someone i grew up with. talk about being floored. i have not told either one because it is a can of worms not worth opening. i just kept it quiet. luckily she either hasnt noticed me or is in the same idea of just keeping quiet.
they are listening to us ... when we talk about them near our phones, when we call out their names while in flagrante delite-eo, and when we scream out their names when we have wet dreams about them!!!!!!

seriously, only FB knows how the "people you may know" feature works.
when i see those (providers or not, rw info or not), most times i dont even "x" the suggestion - just go on about reading my fb newsfeed.
has not happened to me.. I keep "regular" email and phone separate from FB.. in fact, my FB profile is basically a lie, down to my birthdate.. why would I make anything public?

if I want someone to know, I'll tell him myself. fucking Zuckerberg and his world domination.
I had the RW names of two providers -- neither of whom I have met -- pop up on FB this weekend. And my ATF, whom I have not seen in a year, continues to do so.

Here's a question: If they pop up on my FB, am I popping up on theirs?
Only until they hit the block button
An active provider I've met has appeared in that section on my personal FB account with her real name, personal photos, etc.

We have zero mutual friends and neither of us knew each other's RW names. Is this a coincidence or do any tech people on here know how the " People You May Know " section works?

Has this ever happened to anybody else? Originally Posted by Always Last
Not a coincidence, you and her done fucked up (probably unknowingly). Facebook works on scrubbing every bit of info it can get from you to find a link to someone. At some point, some piece of information (phone number, email, etc.) that is on her personal page was dug up from your browser/phone when you logged into your personal facebook account. If you have your personal facebook on the phone you use to hobby, you're REALLY fucking yourself.

I had the RW names of two providers -- neither of whom I have met -- pop up on FB this weekend. And my ATF, whom I have not seen in a year, continues to do so.

Here's a question: If they pop up on my FB, am I popping up on theirs? Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
Very more than likely, yes.

Here's a question: If they pop up on my FB, am I popping up on theirs? Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot

I'm pretty sure that is the case.