Jon Huntsman

• Booth
  • 09-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm curious to see what some of the conservatives around here think of Jon Huntsman. He might not have a snowball's chance but besides that, what do you think of him? He seems like a pretty impressive guy to me.
For someone who dropped out of high school and acquired his GED, I'd go on to say that he is far more qualified then Barack Obama to be president.
As a relatively open-minded American (?) the few times I have seen him he speaks well and seems to have some common sense. But I, personally, feel he is almost "too perfect" if you know what I mean. Boy Scout, Eagle Scout, Univ of Penn grad, Foreign Service, Governor of utah, Managed the (miniscule) Utah Budget so well he was acknowledged by Pew, Involved in International Trade with China, PRINCIPAL owner of a "MULTI-NATIONAL CORPORATION", etc, etc, etc. I really became curious about him when I saw him on a talk show recently, and he was very fluent in "Chinese". He seems to be the perfect candidate-in-waitng for the coming of Global Government, in which America might be the equivalent of a State,or less..
  • Booth
  • 09-02-2011, 05:04 PM
For someone who dropped out of high school and acquired his GED, I'd go on to say that he is far more qualified then Barack Obama to be president. Originally Posted by Billy_Saul
Just goes to show it's all about Obama.
Of course it is, he is the incumbent president they are all running against.
  • Booth
  • 09-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Of course it is, he is the incumbent president they are all running against. Originally Posted by Billy_Saul
It will be difficult to win a general election without being for anyone.
I think therell be enough people FOR the president to offset all the frustrated Americans who cant decide who to hate.
What happened to Huntsman feedback and opinion?
Don't expect that here. It's all about hating the President.

That said, Huntsman is way too moderate for the GOP faithful. AND he's Governor of THE Mormon state.

What do you think the baggers will do with him?
  • Booth
  • 09-03-2011, 07:19 AM
What happened to Huntsman feedback and opinion? Originally Posted by oralick
I was foolish, Oralick. I actually thought it might be possible to have a discussion about the man's policies and positions.
I like Huntsman ... Odds of the GOP getting behind a rational person for president is slim though.
He certainly came across as the most sensible of the field in the last debate.
  • Booth
  • 09-03-2011, 10:50 AM
He certainly came across as the most sensible of the field in the last debate. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It could get interesting if the rest of the field were to implode and self-destruct, leaving him as the last man standing. He has no shortage of cash so he'll be sticking around.
It could get interesting if the rest of the field were to implode and self-destruct, leaving him as the last man standing. He has no shortage of cash so he'll be sticking around. Originally Posted by Booth
no shortage of cash would make me doubt him... people dont invest in politicians unless they have a reasonable assurance their dick gets sucked if they win. and vice versa
  • Booth
  • 09-03-2011, 11:06 AM
no shortage of cash would make me doubt him... people dont invest in politicians unless they have a reasonable assurance their dick gets sucked if they win. and vice versa Originally Posted by budman33
This guy doesn't need other people's money - he was born into it and has made plenty on his own. Family money that makes Romney's bank account look like small potatoes.