Who's got the Longhorn Network?

Grande announced yesterday that they have it, so I am in luck. I know they are only carrying 2 games (football) but should be a good station if they carry many baseball games along with volleyball. Why volleyball? I like looking at those in shape, tall, college age asses in those shorts.

Come on Time Warner, get with the show and offer options like NFL RedZone, NFL Network, and Longhorn Network to your subscribers. I bet there are others like me who would pay extra to see this programming.

sixx
UVerse. Don't get it. I'm pretty bummed about this whole Longhorn Network thing. I'll get it if it's available, but once again, greed trumps need.

I know it's just Rice, but I'm not going to be around and can't go to the game.

Why don't you have a watch party, Sixx?
  • Booth
  • 09-03-2011, 10:47 AM
UVerse. Don't get it. I'm pretty bummed about this whole Longhorn Network thing. I'll get it if it's available, but once again, greed trumps need.

I know it's just Rice, but I'm not going to be around and can't go to the game.

Why don't you have a watch party, Sixx? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yeah - you, me, Sixx, Wylde... sounds like a blast!
Well, somebody needs to be there to explain that Rice University has nothing to do with Uncle Ben's...
  • Booth
  • 09-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it but will look forward to hearing all about whatever tranny date Wylde shows up with.
I better start walking now. You know I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!
Too bad Booth, I am going to fire up the grill. Fajitas, sausage wraps, dos XX. Maybe I can get SW Melanie to blow us for some food, smokes, and a beer!

A great night of college football tonight, Boise vs. Georgia, Oregon vs. LSU, and hopefully, a Longhorn blowout of Rice!

sixx
  • Booth
  • 09-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Did you catch last night's game? That one will be hard to top.
I missed it. I was hanging out on east 6th.

Maybe if we all get bored tonight, we can play the "Guess Ms. Francisca's age and Marissa's IQ" game. I don't think that will be much fun though now that I think about it. I heard once you get one number right, you got them both correct!

sixx
I would love to have the Longhorn Network but I have Direct TV and they will not pick up the channel. Think you might want to fire your programming director. I am a Texas Grad. so I get season tickets every year. Good thing is I am a writer, and sometimes I sit in the press box. I usually sell or give away tickets then. If you are intersted in a game let me know. Don't ask about the OU game I score the young girls with that one. It is waht I do!
Im really bummed I have time warner and cant see the game
I have never given any consideration to becoming a part of a Longhorn Network.

If there were a Coog Network, I would be standing at the front of the line!

Eat 'em up!
If there was a Coog network, they'd never sell out Jeppesen Stadium...

I think the whole Longhorn Network thing was/is ridiculous. Now OU is talking about bolting the Big Six, or whatever it's down to.
I think this is a step towards Texas going the route of Notre Dame and eventually being an independent. I think it makes perfect sense for them.

Whether people like them or not, Texas is a powerhouse in all three major collegiate sports (football, baseball, and basketball). Very few schools can claim that. The closest school might be Florida.

The network will be great IMO. Many will enjoy being able to watch a variety of sports that they would not normally see.

sixx
Great game now ending... UH and UCLA!

UT has the money and the market. The other schools can go suck an egg. I think we'll wind up with 4 or 5 super conferences before long anyway.

Sucks for traditional rivalries, but at least if you're an Aggie you can now look forward to being Kentucky's bitches!