STD Test? There`s an App for that!

STD Test? There's an App for That

Gives a whole new meaning to status update.
+Enlarge

British health officials are hard at work on a new app that will allow users to pee into their cell phones and find out within minutes if they have an STD.
Seriously, we could not make this stuff up if we tried.
According to The Guardian, £4 million have been invested in the UK Clinical Research Collaboration, which is creating a smartphone app that will allow users, "to put urine or saliva on to a computer chip about the size of a USB chip, plug it into their phone or computer and receive a diagnosis within minutes."

The techno-savvy approached is aimed at young brits, who apparently are too embarrased to visit the doctor face to face and have been experiencing rising rates of STDs (or STIs if you prefer.)
"Your mobile phone can be your mobile doctor. It diagnoses whether you've got one of a range of STIs, such as chlamydia or gonorrhea and tells you where to go next to get treatment," Dr Tariq Sadiq, a senior lecturer and consultant physician in sexual health and HIV at St George's, University of London, who is leading the project, told The Guardian.
If it's really that simple, why wait till after the deed is done? Wouldn't it make more sense for prospective partners to swap fluids before hand, get a reading on their cell phones, and then decide whether or not to "finish the download"?
Very interesting article Dallas. I could see that happening within the next 10yrs with the advancement of technlogy.
Well all I can say is we'd better not replace the BBBJ-NQNS with jacking off onto a computer chip and putting it into the phone. I just don't have an emotional attachment to my phone!
If it will save lives im all for it! I wound not think of it has a mood breaker since it is protecting my life and my health. You can never be too safe, especially being a provider and a hobbiest.....
May not be a mood breaker, but I've downloaded several showcases to my smart phone. I'll be taking a break from the board for a while. I'm having strange emotional feelings for my phone. . . .
Gotta love an emotional attachment to a phone!?
Strangely, I am very emotionally attached to my phone. Although I would have to draw the line at peeing on it or other intimate encounters...
Ginger SO right on!
Strangely, I am very emotionally attached to my phone. Although I would have to draw the line at peeing on it or other intimate encounters... Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Ginger SO right on! Originally Posted by ali*cat
But ladies, I believe your emotional attachment would grow by setting it to vibrate.
I don't know about my iphone replacing my DOC... But no doubt apple will find a way to get .99 cents every time i Pee
But ladies, I believe your emotional attachment would grow by setting it to vibrate. Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
Giving this serious consideration...
Hope this thread didn`t offend anyone I just found it to be super crazy and wanted to share it with yall....The whole peeing on the phone thing is a little creepy Whats next blood & hair samples too?
Hope this thread didn`t offend anyone I just found it to be super crazy and wanted to share it with yall....The whole peeing on the phone thing is a little creepy Whats next blood & hair samples too? Originally Posted by BabyDallas
Satire, Sweetie, Satire . . .
????????
???????? Originally Posted by BabyDallas

sat·ire

[sat-ahyuhr]
–noun 1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Example from the real world since it apparently was missed in English class - A Saturday Night Live skit is satire.