cancellation etiquette

I had a 3:30 confirmed appointment with a provider today. Got home just before 2 pm to take a quick shower and get ready to head to her incall. Just by chance I turned my computer on and checked my email. Low and behold she had emailed me at 12:30 pm to cancel.

Well, I am not a kid, and I dont have a smart phone. Just a regular cell phone that sends text messages and makes phone calls. No Blackberry or I-Phone for me. So I wonder how the provider knew I would even get the message.

Suffice to say, I would have been very unhappy had I headed over to the incall and found out later she had emailed me. But it worked out since fortunately I just so happened to check my computer.

Anyway, Ladies, some of us hobbyists are 50 - somethings who don't carry around smart phones. So calls us or text us if you have to cancel, please.
depends on what communication media you two decided on, if any.
if she did not have your ph# but did have your email, that was her only choice.
if she did have your ph#, maybe she didnt want to chance calling at an inopportune time.
if she did have your ph# and you two agreed that she could call you, then maybe she lost it but still had your email.
as you can see, there are a bunch of reasons why she did what she did.

anyway, fact is you didnt have your appt and i am sorry that it didnt come about. at least she emailed you w/ the cancellation info. if she's someone you like or want to like, communicate w/ her that you'd like to reschedule. how she responds will be very telling about how she deals w/ clients.
If it's more than two hours before the date and I have to cancel, I email -- because if I need to cancel that far ahead of time, I'm usually not in a place I can make a call like that (or it's late in the evening/early morning). If I don't get a reply by that two hour mark, though, I'll find a way to call, text, or even send a carrier pigeon if I gotta!

I've been left waiting in a hotel lobby because someone assumed I had email access 24/7, and I don't want to cause anyone else to be put in that situation. It really is a bummer!
like any business deal, be clear and up front on type of communication
I agree with Carrie, and not just because I want to get on her good side. I email when I have to cancel, but ask for a confirmation. If I don't get it within an hour, I will call or text asking if they received my email.
I gave her my number. i did not say who this provider is, I did not want to start any drama, just wanted to point out that an email may not get to the recipient if it is done last minute. I think i should have been texted also in case i did not have access to email, like i don't have on my antique cell phone

fortunately another provider came through for me last minute
"Low and behold she had emailed me at 12:30 pm to cancel."

At least she contacted you, man. Katie Foxx blew me off (not in a good way) today. I have a review and a post in the Men's Lounge (which I will embellish tomorrow).
I like to call gents if I have to cancel, unfortunately I always call at the worst time. Im starting to just pm or email now.

Glad you had a plan B, those are always great in a pinch.

I gave her my number. i did not say who this provider is, I did not want to start any drama, just wanted to point out that an email may not get to the recipient if it is done last minute. I think i should have been texted also in case i did not have access to email, like i don't have on my antique cell phone

fortunately another provider came through for me last minute Originally Posted by omaha2dallas
or even send a carrier pigeon if I gotta! Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
ROFL!!!
Omaha,

Sorry it happened to you and glad that you had a chance to play today with another lady. Just remember, you are the one that likes the young, hot providers and they do not have the best reputation for being on time or no showing (generally...some are excellent). With the good, comes the bad.