How Come Now ?

Since the system maintenance , it's impossible to change your avatar ? Every time I try I get message remote file too large , they have always worked before , so why now ? I even tried putting the one that is currently on there back on , same problem ! What gives ?
Never mind , found an app that resizes to specific size you punch in !
Which is RR please enlighten me
Apple App Store / Resize Photo . Free app lets you input specifically 150 x 150 .
I don't care for the new change. It the past i could use a site like pimp and host or photobucked to copy an url and put it in avatar. Now to customize I have to have a photo saved to my computer and not on a hosting site and browse my computer for the photo.
One of the better (free, too) photo resizing tools is "pixresizer" and can be downloaded easily. You can resize virtually anything. Look for the tool via Google.

Those of us who have many files usually also have an indexing "system" - I have a couple of photo and other image folders with some subfolders... one of which is "personal avatars (mine)" so I can easily locate what I need.

btw, these folders don't have to be on your computer...for added security, they be on the web, like in your yahoo or gmail or in a more secure space. Yahoo used to have "briefcase" in which one could store all sorts of files.... when that closed, I simply saved the stuff in my yahoo mail and moved on from there. I think hotmail and other mail hosts offer much the same opportunity.