Im Going on Pregnancy Leave, Fridays last day, any helpful tips?

Hey everyone,
I am going on Leave to have my baby! Its my 1st one and If anybody has any tips or helpful hints for me please post em!
XOXOX
Michelle
enjoy it, don't get too freaked out and find humor in the small stuff.

Also if you are unable to breast feed don't let the Drs. and nurses make you feel bad.
Thanks, I hope there are no breastfeeding issues... thats something I want... Im sure even if its hard at 1st if you put your mind to it... itll happen!
  • Trnch
  • 02-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Rent a good breast pump from a certified nurse, they work great and breast milk is the best for the baby. Good luck, kids are a blessing, not a burden. Remember that, they live off love and candy.
ween the husband before the baby, otherwise they will never dry up, he wouldn't let them.
one of life's sweetest moments ever, take lots of pics, i sadly only have the one (nursing in the hospital). Don't trust those nursing shaws, lol. The baby pulled one off in a restaurant and men almost died, tripped, and spilled, things all over themselves at the view of my huge exposed breast, baby attached and all.

That's my advice take tons and tons of pictures, even if they make You feel uncomfortable, they may later be Your favorite memory. Those fat healthy baby rolls, and the smell of johnson and johnson, doesnt last forever. i miss the smell of a baby honestly. Thank God, i took care of that. i have enough kids, no matter how cute they are. She was 8.6 oz and 22 inches long. She should have came out eating a sandwich and playing football, lol. Oh yes, that too, play with those tiny toes as often as You can, because once they hit their feet, they never slow down. Enjoy those sweet innocent naive smiles they give as babies, bc once they are teenagers, it just makes You wonder that they have been into.
Oh here is an idea its short notice but a fun excuse to have a little get together and have screened guests bring you presents if you have not had a babyshower yet!!

When are you due?

Want me to host it?

I loooooove throwing parties... we had a little babyshower one couple of years ago for another provider taking leave and it was nice running into old friends and meeting new.

Let me know babe!

Kisses,
Cercy
Oh here is an idea its short notice but a fun excuse to have a little get together and have screened guests bring you presents if you have not had a babyshower yet!!

When are you due?

Want me to host it?

I loooooove throwing parties... we had a little babyshower one couple of years ago for another provider taking leave and it was nice running into old friends and meeting new.

Let me know babe!

Kisses,
Cercy Originally Posted by VENUSNOVA
You should take her up on it. She throws one hell of a party.
I dont really have any hints but I wanted to say congrats. I would be happy to baby sit if you need some time to yourself after the baby is born. It can be very stressful. Call me [832-881-9555] anytime and I am more then happy to come by and help.
TRNCH: Thanks for the Breast pump info: unfortunatly I didnt know you could rent one... so I bought one .... they are not cheap! I am going to hope that Love and affection will make a happy baby too.... no Candy!

SubCilla: Thank you hun, I am Very Very Much Looking forward to playing with his Little Toes and Fingers Because I know it happens all so fast! as for pictures, I am excited for that too... as long as I have my make up on there will be nothing to complain about.... I grew But it has been all baby and boobies, Thankfully, I got lucky this time!

Venus: Actually I would Love to throw a Babyshower, But when ASPD shut down.... alot of the guys that would have been intrested in attending dissapeared! We Had a babyshower planned but then the bust happend and it all went down from there. I dont think there are enough people that would want to attend. I do have most of my baby stuff though, the only thing I really need is help with the bills for the month or so I will be taking off. and Cash isnt a normal babyshower gift! If you think you can Work it out then please PM me it would be great to see some old faces!

BoardMan: Ill Take your Word for it!

Brook: Thanks Very much... I dont know if Ill beable to let him go long enough for a babysitter! I am Really Excited, now that its getting so close!
Wearing black? It helps hide beer gut (on men), but can't speak to effect on pregnant women. Probably too late anyway.

All kidding aside, I'm glad for you and wish you well. You're one of a kind, girl.
When I was first trying to raise my son ...

I got one of these... and it was helpful....

Then I got one of these ... and it was more helpful....

Then I got one of these... and it was REALLY helpful...

Gator: your Silly! and Thank you! I just know my little man will make me happy!

ManfromTexas: Wow, I didnt know they made a babies for dummies book, Nanny....hummm isnt that what sisters are for! As for Bright Red thong.... Well Red is not my color for one and two I have pants that fit! So I doubt Ill be the next photo op for that pic! Thanks for the AM Laugh
I wish you well cuddlebug and congrats.
I was a house dad for 4 years and let me tell you that the best thing for a child is a bassonette. It's a small moble crib that you can push around your place. My son didn't even sleep in the crib till be was about 3 months old he slept right there in his basobette next to the bed.