VMs Descent into TDS Madness

This is a brief study of a very interesting case of TDS exhibited by a forum member who goes by the alias Vitamin C (VMC, VM, or Vitamin for short).

One might be surprised to find out that VM was at one time a healthy critic and even somewhat of a supporter of Donald Trump. However, this once healthy individual became afflicted with chronic TDS. How did it happen? Why did it happen? Let's start from the beginning.

VM joined the forum on February 27, 2010, and posted his first thread on March 25, 2010. Things started out relatively normal. VM would shoot the shit, so to speak, just like any other forum member, but years later, things would take a sharp turn toward madness.

In mid 2016, VM would post his/her criticism of Donald Trump before and after the election. It was perfectly normal criticism that is unlike the obsession we see today. Indeed, most of his/her threads were not about Donald Trump.

Although a healthy critic, there is evidence in the archives that suggest VM may have actually voted for Donald Trump in 2016. VM created several threads expressing his dislike of Hillary Clinton before and after the election: Clinton foundation, Hillary can't remember, why Hillary ? and the real Hillary.

Additionally, VM expressed feelings of gratitude shortly after the 2016 election, in so glad they are done.
I am not a fan of Trump. He is a crook.

But so glad to be done with the Clintons, and the Bushs.

Hillary was handed a gift of all gifts when Trump was nominated, and still could not make it. Originally Posted by VitaMan
- Posted by VM on November, 9 2016

In 2017, we see VM post only a few threads criticizing Donald Trump. He/she criticized the Clintons almost equally as much. However, generally speaking, his/her posts were not about politics. VM was of a healthy mind.

VM even starts to agree a little bit with Donald Trump as witnessed in the thread entitled fake news.

Like it or not, it is a fact there is a tremendous amount of fake news put out in
the media. Especially fake headlines. Then you get drawn to the story (with the accompanying ads), and the story includes the caveats. Originally Posted by VitaMan
- Posted by VM on September, 8 2017

VM is agreeing with Donald Trump. It is at around this time that VM begins to openly express support for Donald Trump. This is first witnessed in good week for the Trumpeter...?.

He [Donald Trump] is refreshing if nothing else. He may be the closest thing to a non-politically correct public official we have seen in a long time - which can be a very good thing ... Originally Posted by VitaMan
- Posted by VM on January, 13 2018

Could it be that VM voted for Donald Trump in 2020?

VM will go on to create a few threads criticizing Donald Trump and also some mentioning some of his accomplishments. Still, at this time, the majority of VMs threads were not about Donald Trump.

This list of thread titles made by VM mid to late 2019 shows not a single mention of Donald Trump: dress code at steakhouses, great science fiction movies, Colin K. abandoned his girlfriend and child ?, Colin K. still wants an NFL job, HP printer problem, the vegetarian myth, baseball nuggets, NDSU the thundering herd, AJ lost the game, Joe Buck is everywhere, rule for runner to first base, The Cars band, Astros alternatives, World Series notes, cancer studies - a croc ?, pawn shop fire Westpark, girls and baseball caps, too many pitchers, Mattress Mack Astros promotion, the hotel business, payments by Duke, another John Travolta movie bomb, periods and women, Twitter and apologies, strange NFL irony.

It seems as though VM is enjoying life as a healthy minded man/woman. Little does he/she know that corona virus is rising over the horizon, and his/her days of mental health are numbered.

The first evidence that VM is beginning his/her descent into madness is witnessed in virus update.

It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. But perhaps, it is the end of the beginning. Originally Posted by VitaMan
- Posted by VM on April 10, 2020

Although not quite evidence of TDS, VMs mind is beginning to deteriorate from the absurdity and uncertainty of the post pandemic world.

VM goes on to post a few threads about the pandemic and the violence that ensued, but makes none about Donald Trump. In fact, VM does not mentioned Donald Trump until the very moment we see TDS take over his/her mind. We can actually pinpoint the exact date at which his/her brain broke. This was the day VM posted deteriorating Rudy Giuliani.

What happened to him ? He was a well respected lawyer and mayor of NYC. Even stood up to and got something done about the Mafia there. Now he is an absolute lap dog for the Trumpeter. Originally Posted by VitaMan
- Posted by VM on November 16, 2020

This is in response to Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani's claims of widespread voter fraud during the 2020 election. At this point, not only was Rudy Giuliani deteriorating, but so was VMs mind.

This was the pivotal moment. The moment Donald Trump claimed widespread voter fraud, VMs mind was irreversibly destroyed. Weakened from stress from the corona virus pandemic, while confronted with two impossible realities, one with widespread voter fraud, the other with a president who would create a monumental lie, two impossible realities, side by side, shattered VMs ego into a billion pieces. While his mind was destroyed, TDS quickly took ahold of it.

Observe a list of threads created by VM shortly after: Trump gets razed at White House visit, the Trumpeter sinking fast, Trump pressure campaign Arizona, Trump mentality on losing election, politicians and tattoos, another Trump crony indicted, Star Trek....the next administration, Queen Elizabeth did not die, Biden vs. Trump, Michael Brown hand surgeon, Trump news, Trump ?, Michael Avenatti headed for the slammer, North Korea says to grow your own food, additional analysis of Donald, politics of car ac refrigerants, go for it Donald, the Trumpeter not paying Rudy, the Trumpeter and Peyton Manning, just what we need, the Trumpeter diagnosed, world view Biden and Trump, the President ?, Rudy fights back.

We can see almost all of VMs threads are focused on Donald Trump. The obsession has manifested. TDS has taken over, but who can blame him? The corona virus and Donald Trump's claims of widespread voter fraud have broken us all in some way. Some more than others. The world appears irreversibly corrupt and there is no savior. This is what caused a once level headed and healthy critic of both sides to become afflicted with TDS.

Perhaps, what we are witnessing is a coping mechanism. How much longer can we cope with this? It's not only VM who has a fractured mind. There is a fractured nation. We have all been fractured in some way.
... Hmmm... Kinda looks like - to me well-trained eye
- just another Hatefull thread directed at a forum member.

### Salty
  • oeb11
  • 11-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Hmmm - looks like an allegory to me
One of teh democraticommunist party - their overweening hatred of Donald J Trump
and their descent into madness of that Hatred

hatred is born of ignorance, fueled by fear, and is ultimately self-destructive.

Let's not let teh democraticommunists take all teh American Peoples down with them in their descent into madness, ignorance, fear, and hatred.
The TDS insanity is all theys got ,,,,,,
... Hmmm... Kinda looks like - to me well-trained eye
- just another Hatefull thread directed at a forum member.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Not hatred. I've actually come to appreciate VM more by exploring his post history and understanding his TDS. I said at the end that we are all fractured. We all succumb to TDS, in different ways. Some more than others. It's like COVID.
Come on gang. This took me hours to write. I would be flattered if someone went through my post history and tried to construct a coherent story out of it.
  • oeb11
  • 11-13-2021, 07:58 AM
The difficult we accomplish at once
The impossible takes a bit longer.

Charles Alexandre de Calonne

difficult is done at once, the impossible takes a little longer, the proverbial saying, late 19th century; in the first recorded usage, Trollope's novel Phineas Redux (1873), the words are attributed to 'a French Minister', the French statesman Charles Alexandre de Calonne (1734–1842), who is said to have responded, ' ...

“The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer.”—Motto of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers during World War II, according to The Home Book of American Quotations, ed.
Come on gang. This took me hours to write. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
Strokey,
Why, did you spend that much time on it?
Recomend that you don't follow oeb into the result of non-read posts cause they are way to long.
  • oeb11
  • 11-13-2021, 08:40 AM
Most of teh posts engender quite a number of posts in discussion
Which is teh object for posting. .

To Read - or not to Read

That is teh question!
  • Tiny
  • 11-13-2021, 08:43 AM
Come on gang. This took me hours to write. I would be flattered if someone went through my post history and tried to construct a coherent story out of it. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I’ll reply. I haven’t had time yet. I disagree with your diagnosis and prognosis. From the point of view of one who does not believe in the Divinity of H I M (Donald Trump), Vitaman’s behavior is normal and he exhibits no signs of psychoses.

I’ll have more later.
Vita has tds. But you know what. He contributes how he believes. Nothing wrong with that
At least he doesnt post 20 plus freakin threads a day that are barely news worthy
I’ll reply. I haven’t had time yet. I disagree with your diagnosis and prognosis. From the point of view of one who does not believe in the Divinity of H I M (Donald Trump), Vitaman’s behavior is normal and he exhibits no signs of psychoses.

I’ll have more later. Originally Posted by Tiny
You have to read the whole thesis.

It's really the political climate that sent VM into TDS territory. But, like I said, I really don't blame him/her. Donald Trump's claim of widespread voter fraud is intense no matter which way you look at it.

Whether Donald Trump is right or wrong, the megalithic accusation of widespread voter fraud coming from the most powerful person in the world at the time weighs extraordinarily heavy on the very fabric of reality itself. Couple that with the COVID-19 nightmare, and it is ripping at the seems.

This is what broke VM.

This is what is breaking us all.
Most of teh posts engender quite a number of posts in discussion
Which is teh object for posting. .

To Read - or not to Read

That is teh question! Originally Posted by oeb11
"To read or NOT to read"

Maybe ALL of us should take a vote...

### Salty
"To read or NOT to read"

Maybe ALL of us should take a vote...

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again