Virginia police chief retires after criticism over rally

The first African-American police chief of Charlottesville, Virginia, abruptly resigned Monday, about two weeks after a scathing independent review criticized his “slow-footed response” to violence at a white nationalist rally this summer....

Earlier this month, a former federal prosecutor hired by the city released a report that was sharply critical of Thomas and other law enforcement officials.

The report from former U.S. Attorney Tim Heaphy said Thomas’ response was “disappointingly passive” as the violence began to escalate on Aug. 12, the day of the “Unite the Right” rally that drew hundreds of white nationalists from across the county. A woman was killed that day when a car plowed into a crowd of people who were peacefully protesting.

According to the report, as brawling broke out between rally attendees and counterprotesters, Thomas said, “Let them fight, it will make it easier to declare an unlawful assembly.”

(AP News)
Conspiracy to commit murder. Allegedly the governor issued instructions to standdown law enforcement which the chief did. Since it is reasonable to assume a violent confrontation any outcome of that confrontation is on the heads of the Governor, the Mayor, the Chief, and the ass in the car.
Conspiracy to commit murder. Allegedly the governor issued instructions to standdown law enforcement which the chief did. Since it is reasonable to assume a violent confrontation any outcome of that confrontation is on the heads of the Governor, the Mayor, the Chief, and the ass in the car. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
A good defense lawyer would certainly have that argument in his quiver. By his asinine actions, this asshole police chief may have forfeited the prosecution's case.
According to the report, as brawling broke out between rally attendees and counterprotesters, Thomas said, “Let them fight, it will make it easier to declare an unlawful assembly.”

(AP News) Originally Posted by I B Hankering
IMO he should NOT Have been allowed to resign, but have bene FIRED and then charged with being an accessory to all the violence/injury caused..
I said after it happened the finger should be pointed at the Governor and Mayor. They knew ahead of time what was coming. LE was following orders from the top. They have blood on their hands. Pathetic
The finger should be pointed at the assholes who lit the torches and marched through the streets.

The Nazis and white supremacists do NOT get a pass for their hate fest.

Except of course, from Twitler.

And you.
The finger should be pointed at the assholes who lit the torches and marched through the streets.

And you. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
How many of the liberals dressed in black with their faces covered were held accountable for smashing windows,burning cars and looting at Trumps inauguration?
I said after it happened the finger should be pointed at the Governor and Mayor. They knew ahead of time what was coming. LE was following orders from the top. They have blood on their hands. Pathetic Originally Posted by bambino
SO once again those to BLAME for things like this don't get punished, they just get some underling to fall on his sword for them..
?...
A song by LaVoy's daughters!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOTxPMLJKk8

And you. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Way to defend the Dindu Nuffin who Dindu Nuffin ! The dead lady's family SURELY must agree with YOU, right Mr. DOTY 5 TIMES !!!?
  • grean
  • 12-21-2017, 09:16 AM
SO once again those to BLAME for things like this don't get punished, they just get some underling to fall on his sword for them.. Originally Posted by garhkal
Well hopefully the feds can hold them accountable. If the governor ordered it, the mayor should have ignored it. He didn't so he is just a culpable. If they were both in on the decision....either way, I wish they could see prison.
What feds? The same bunch of incompetent idiots who LET hillary go, and are still trying to get something on trump to oust him??
A very under reported fact in this case is that the woman who died at the rally died from heart failure. She was extremely obese and a chain smoker. She was NOT the woman you see in the video's on the hood of the car. The pictures the media shows are very old.