Damn near went to jail!

Scheduled a car date with a provider tonight. I didnt want to go where she suggested only because I didnt know the area well but she said she did. Well I pulled in and its three cop cars in the lot in the far corner with their lights off. I am scared crapless and pull out of the lot. The three cars speed-and I mean speed up- to the back of my car. I was scared crapless. They followed me all the way to the highway. I dont know if the provider was in on something but I blocked her and got the heck out of there. She claimed that there was nothing to worry about but believe me in this day in age when you encounter three cop cars at night, you are a person of color, its dark and you are in a deserted place you worry.

No more car dates for me. And I have no idea if it was some kind of setup. But I am not losing all I built in life over $150.

Lesson learned. Incalls only and no new providers that only have one or two reviews.
Who was the lady and what kind of due diligence did you before seeing her
$150 for a car date??
They had no probable cause nor reasonable suspicion to pull you over.

You pulling into a parking lot and then pulling out, whether you saw them or not and they can't prove you pulled in and pulled out quickly is because you saw them, is not evidence of you having committed a crime.

The only thing they can do is to follow you and see if you break any traffic laws while at the same time run your license plate on their MDT to see if it has any warrant hits on it.

You didn't break any traffic laws and you had no warrant hits on your license plate - that's why you weren't stopped.

You were lucky those cops in those 3 shops knew the laws they swore to uphold and knew the limitation of their police power and they didn't abuse it - otherwise they would had already pulled you over soon after you pulled out of the parking lot quickly and suddenly after you just pulled in.

You did panic.

You should had stayed put in the parking lot.

You needlessly attracted unnecessary attention to yourself by panicking.

If they came up to you while you were parked there and asked you what you were doing there, said you stopped to make a phone call because after all, it is unsafe for you to drive and talk on the phone without a hands free device and at the same time, you want to abide the Texas law regarding only using a cell phone while driving when it's safe to do so.

You will be surprised how nice those cops will be to you when they hear that.

Always have a story made up and one that you can back up with evidence in your mind ready to tell it over and over to one or two or three different cops without any deviations from it and without studdering no matter how many times you are asked by the police to repeat the same story over.

People incriminate themselves because cops knows the more time they ask you to tell the same story over, the more time you are likely to make tiny little changes to your story without knowing it and they take that and turn it against you and that gives them a reason to arrest you.

Remember, cops are the biggest liars around.

They are not your friends.

They try to get you to screw yourself by saying things to you like:

help me out and I will help you, tell me the truth, honesty goes a long way for me, what were you doing there? Were you here for this and that?

People fall under this trap all the time: they think if they are honest and admit they were here and there to buy drugs or do this other not very legal thing, the cop will let them go.

(Part of that thinking on our part is because our parents taught us that from the day we were old enough to understand our parents:

tell the truth, don't lie.

But what we were taught at home while growing up or in the classroom doesn't always work or apply in the real world. does it?)

Nope! The cop has already made up his or her mind you are under arrest but haven't detained you or put any handcuffs on you because he or she needs to hear from you that you are up to no good and is looking for reasonable suspicion or probable cause.

He knows he didn't have reasonable suspicion or probable cause to stop you and detain you and arrest you and the law does give the police some leeway to stop a person on the street to talk to them even if they haven't seen that person commit a crime, do not suspect that person has committed a crime and that person doesn't fit the description of anyone who has recently committed a crime that the police is looking for - the cop is waiting for that person to hand him or her that reasonable suspicion or probable cause to him on a silver platter.

Best thing is to keep your mouth shut and only ask:

You: AM I under arrest?

Cop: NO.

You: AM I free to go then?

Cop: YES.

When they say that YES you are Free to go, shut up and leave.

Those are the only 2 things that come out of your mouth if the handcuffs haven't gone on you yet.

IF you are already in handcuffs, your only words should be:

I exercise my right to remain silent and to have an attorney present during questioning.

Don't fall for the cop's game to push you to admit anything like are those drugs the found in the car yours? Were you here in this neighborhood where you don't belong to be up to no good? If you are honest with me I will work with you!

BS! Work with you with what? He will put in a good word with the judge saying what a good decent honest boy you were? He will take the handcuffs off and let you go?

NOPE! Once the handcuffs go on, they will not come off until you are put in a cell!

Also when asked questions such as: Were you here in this [shitty] neighborhood at 1 am to buy drugs? Who did you come to visit here at 2 am?

You don't have to say anything except again:

(if the handcuffs are not on you):

AM I under arrest? AM I free to go?

or

(if he handcuffs are on you):

I exercise my right to remain silent and to have an attorney present during questioning.

There is no law against visiting any resident of a neighborhood you don't live at at 2 am whether that's a nice neighborhood or a bad neighborhood.

Cops are good at taking what you said to them, turn it around, put it back in your mouth in an incriminating manners, and make you repeat it back the way they want you to repeat it while at the same time incriminating yourself.

So they have an audio recorder recording the entire conversation between you and them or a body camera video recording it?

The contents of those audio and video recordings can be edited to their advantage or mysteriously lost or they can claim there isn't any due to technical malfunctions.
Nope. Not me. A skilled LEO can get the Pope to incriminate himself. Hard & fast rule, I avoid any and all contact with the 'Thorities.
How is that nearly going to jail?
They had no probable cause nor reasonable suspicion to pull you over.

You pulling into a parking lot and then pulling out, whether you saw them or not and they can't prove you pulled in and pulled out quickly is because you saw them, is not evidence of you having committed a crime.

The only thing they can do is to follow you and see if you break any traffic laws while at the same time run your license plate on their MDT to see if it has any warrant hits on it.

You didn't break any traffic laws and you had no warrant hits on your license plate - that's why you weren't stopped.

You were lucky those cops in those 3 shops knew the laws they swore to uphold and knew the limitation of their police power and they didn't abuse it - otherwise they would had already pulled you over soon after you pulled out of the parking lot quickly and suddenly after you just pulled in.

You did panic.

You should had stayed put in the parking lot.

You needlessly attracted unnecessary attention to yourself by panicking.

If they came up to you while you were parked there and asked you what you were doing there, said you stopped to make a phone call because after all, it is unsafe for you to drive and talk on the phone without a hands free device and at the same time, you want to abide the Texas law regarding only using a cell phone while driving when it's safe to do so.

You will be surprised how nice those cops will be to you when they hear that.

Always have a story made up and one that you can back up with evidence in your mind ready to tell it over and over to one or two or three different cops without any deviations from it and without studdering no matter how many times you are asked by the police to repeat the same story over.

People incriminate themselves because cops knows the more time they ask you to tell the same story over, the more time you are likely to make tiny little changes to your story without knowing it and they take that and turn it against you and that gives them a reason to arrest you.

Remember, cops are the biggest liars around.

They are not your friends.

They try to get you to screw yourself by saying things to you like:

help me out and I will help you, tell me the truth, honesty goes a long way for me, what were you doing there? Were you here for this and that?

People fall under this trap all the time: they think if they are honest and admit they were here and there to buy drugs or do this other not very legal thing, the cop will let them go.

(Part of that thinking on our part is because our parents taught us that from the day we were old enough to understand our parents:

tell the truth, don't lie.

But what we were taught at home while growing up or in the classroom doesn't always work or apply in the real world. does it?)

Nope! The cop has already made up his or her mind you are under arrest but haven't detained you or put any handcuffs on you because he or she needs to hear from you that you are up to no good and is looking for reasonable suspicion or probable cause.

He knows he didn't have reasonable suspicion or probable cause to stop you and detain you and arrest you and the law does give the police some leeway to stop a person on the street to talk to them even if they haven't seen that person commit a crime, do not suspect that person has committed a crime and that person doesn't fit the description of anyone who has recently committed a crime that the police is looking for - the cop is waiting for that person to hand him or her that reasonable suspicion or probable cause to him on a silver platter.

Best thing is to keep your mouth shut and only ask:

You: AM I under arrest?

Cop: NO.

You: AM I free to go then?

Cop: YES.

When they say that YES you are Free to go, shut up and leave.

Those are the only 2 things that come out of your mouth if the handcuffs haven't gone on you yet.

IF you are already in handcuffs, your only words should be:

Don't fall for the cop's game to push you to admit anything like are those drugs the found in the car yours? Were you here in this neighborhood where you don't belong to be up to no good? If you are honest with me I will work with you!

BS! Work with you with what? He will put in a good word with the judge saying what a good decent honest boy you were? He will take the handcuffs off and let you go?

NOPE! Once the handcuffs go on, they will not come off until you are put in a cell!

Also when asked questions such as: Were you here in this [shitty] neighborhood at 1 am to buy drugs? Who did you come to visit here at 2 am?

You don't have to say anything except again:

(if the handcuffs are not on you):

AM I under arrest? AM I free to go?

or

(if he handcuffs are on you):

There is no law against visiting any resident of a neighborhood you don't live at at 2 am whether that's a nice neighborhood or a bad neighborhood.

Cops are good at taking what you said to them, turn it around, put it back in your mouth in an incriminating manners, and make you repeat it back the way they want you to repeat it while at the same time incriminating yourself.

So they have an audio recorder recording the entire conversation between you and them or a body camera video recording it?

The contents of those audio and video recordings can be edited to their advantage or mysteriously lost or they can claim there isn't any due to technical malfunctions. Originally Posted by CG2014
This is very true. That said you/we do not know what took place, if anything, between the provider and the cops before you arrived. Probably nothing. But she had the description of your vehicle right? Obviously you never saw her before so you had no idea if she was a problem or not (some of these girls have pimps and even husbands lurking/aurguing in the parking lot). Do you know for a fact that she’s over 18 or it’s not a bait and switch? If she looked/dressed like a lot lizard or brought attention to herself the police might have been observing her or they might have been called about her “working” that area.

Here’s two points to consider.

1. Always go with your gut. If it feels no bueno it’s no bueno and even if there’s no LE you will still be stressed and not enjoy it.

2. IF and that’s a big IF you got busted you probably didn’t use a hobby phone. If for any reason the cops had her then all your texts and calls back and forth to her are in your phone records. It’s unlikely the cops would demand your phone and they can’t in this scenario but they can question you. Then you will most likely act squirrelly and it goes south from there.

The cops really don’t care if you are trying to get some nookie but getting nookie in PUBLIC is a whole different ballgame that can and will land you in jail with a possible sexual offense charge. You lose your job, your standing in the community and then your wife sees your phone records when they get subpoenaed and then she shakes you down for all the hookers you’ve been chatting with as her lawyer matches the dates, times and locations to your ATM withdrawals. Oh and if you ever do anything highly illegal with a hobby phone you can land in federal court because many of these phones like TracPhone transmit data to servers out of state. You can aurgue it’s not your phone but if you are caught with it in your possession it may still have a call log and texts that incriminate you. Your illegal activity just became subject to interstate communications / interstate commerce but you would have to be breaking the law a lot more than hooking.

To the letter of the law they can’t prove anything and they didn’t have to just to fuck you up.
I never understood why people risk it with car dates. Good way to have to register as a sex offended the rest of your life. Much less risk seeing someone at a private and safe incall
You car date fools have fun on that registered sex offender list with the rapist and molesters when you get caught.
I’m totally sure it’s worth the couple minutes, and the listing will mention nothing about it being for sex in public.
Scheduled a car date with a provider tonight. I didnt want to go where she suggested only because I didnt know the area well but she said she did. Well I pulled in and its three cop cars in the lot in the far corner with their lights off. I am scared crapless and pull out of the lot. The three cars speed-and I mean speed up- to the back of my car. I was scared crapless. They followed me all the way to the highway. I dont know if the provider was in on something but I blocked her and got the heck out of there. She claimed that there was nothing to worry about but believe me in this day in age when you encounter three cop cars at night, you are a person of color, its dark and you are in a deserted place you worry.

No more car dates for me. And I have no idea if it was some kind of setup. But I am not losing all I built in life over $150.

Lesson learned. Incalls only and no new providers that only have one or two reviews. Originally Posted by Ludlumtank
If the provider was in on it the cops would have stopped you before you got out of the lot. Secondly, the cops couldn't have been after you because they wouldn't have let you get back to the freeway without turning their lights on and stopping you. If things happened the way you described them you were probably just paranoid and you were just an after thought to them...
If you are doing a car date you are risking everything
Not worth even thinking about it. The $150 for a room is cheap compared to the consequences
Reminds me of the guys who invite us over knowing the wife or girlfriend can pop up and drain them for everything after they get caught. When they can pay under $100 for a room for that hour and be safe...I think it's the thrill, they always want something new...:/
Times have changed.

We all have made out in the car.

Take a girl out on a date, park somewhere, make out, have sex.

Our parents did it in the 50's and 60's especially back then at the drive-in theaters.

Hell, some of y'all were probably conceived in the backseat of a Chevy or a Chrysler or a Ford.

But you can't do that anymore unless you are still in High School and you are parked where all the High School kids go to park on a Friday or Saturday night after a High School football game.
Sorry to deviate but I was distracted by BabyDallas who appears to be a great example along with Jules who is in fact a perfect example of why a man should not deprive himself the opportunity to spread these hotties out in the bedroom or kitchen or the living room. Thinking about it I would love to have both at the same time thus requiring proper accommodations.

As for OPs initial post I assume you are a man of color? I don’t care but if you are you have good reason to be parinoid at least in Dallas and the surrounding burbs.

One valued poster cited that if the cops had interest in the OP they would have pulled him over before getting to the freeway. Again, I’m inclined to agree this is a false alarm (THIS TIME) but it does not mean the cops were not Investigating. If in fact they followed you they prob ran your plates. Obviously you checked out and they are not going to spoil thier investigation on a no evidence/low evidence bust. We don’t know what the cops did at the hotel after our John took off.

Pony up more cash next time. Many of these ladies are well worth it and we will not be educating the “police lease “ on the devious ways of hookers and Johns.