Paying with gift cards

This may have been covered in the past. I contacted a gal who requested that I buy a "Steam " gift card, since I had no idea how they work and where to buy one, she told who carries them. After telling her that I had the card in the denomination for the time, she gave an address. When I arrived outside her apt. bldg. she requested that I send her a pic of the receipt, I complied. Next she wants a pic of the card barcode. Well by then it was dark, I am still out in the parking lot not knowing if this was a setup or worse. I decided that I had enough of her game and left. Just a heads up to anybody else who runs across something like this.
It's likely not a game. I'm thinking it is more along the lines of personal safety.
If she has the receipt and barcode she effectively has the card itself. Personal safety my ass, It’s a scam and she or someone else is a gamer. The only thing you can get with a Steam card is computer game shit, I get them for my teenage boys all the time.
This may have been covered in the past. I contacted a gal who requested that I buy a "Steam " gift card, since I had no idea how they work and where to buy one, she told who carries them. After telling her that I had the card in the denomination for the time, she gave an address. When I arrived outside her apt. bldg. she requested that I send her a pic of the receipt, I complied. Next she wants a pic of the card barcode. Well by then it was dark, I am still out in the parking lot not knowing if this was a setup or worse. I decided that I had enough of her game and left. Just a heads up to anybody else who runs across something like this. Originally Posted by Looker151
You made the right choice. It’s a scam.
SCAM

A safety measure would only require a picture of the card with her place in the background
No bar code unless she's checking the balance and I personally would do that after the gent is inside.
Check it and move the funds.

No offense but when someone offered me a card they had to allow for this time.
OTC of course.
It's likely not a game. I'm thinking it is more along the lines of personal safety. Originally Posted by Gabrielle
*I meant to add...it's likely not a game if it is a known provider. If you do your homework you can find who is known for Tom-fuckery and who is not. Many providers require this info before meeting similar to deposits or screening fees etc.*
Would there ever be a reason a person would rather have a gift card over cash?
Cash is universal and non-traceable (at least without extraordinary measures)

Although, I could be getting some sweet fuel perks from girls taking gift cards!
For me:
I require screening fees now.
Some don't have the apps needed to send cash BEFORE so they may offer a gift card instead. I rarely accept a gc...but every once in a while
Would there ever be a reason a person would rather have a gift card over cash? Originally Posted by suspiciouscouch
There’s clearly a reason in this case, to collect the card information then ghost the guy.
This is a complete scam... as someone noted this is only for video games...

If you need a gift card to verify you are real... something is wrong with your logic... buying a gift card and providing any info from that card doesn't prove anything of my "realness or identity" just proves I'm stupid...

Do you think a minor .. or insert any other type of person you are trying to prevent from seeing cant walk into a gas station or Walmart and buy a gift card...

People seeking them want you to get them and verify them prior to your arival because they are untraceable.. or worse.. could be using it to prove intent.. the receipt will show where u bought it and the camera will have you smiling pretty
There’s clearly a reason in this case, to collect the card information then ghost the guy. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
You can't get real world information from a gift card.
Think about it...

There are lots of ladies who will accept them, for instance I used to accept home depot's gift cards when I was renovating the house, vanilla visas are great for boat gas, dinner while traveling, lingerie., Etc., etc etc
Real world info....

If you purchase a gift card you are always on camera smiling... just keep that in mind...

Not sure what the reason would be to take cash and buy a gift card.. that confuses me...

Its obviously your choice to take gift cards..

Everyone can make thier own choices...

Just saying if someone is setting you up and they have the gift card and the receipt they can get the video evidence of you buying the gift card...

To each his own.. girls will tell you its ok.. I'm just putting my opinion out there.. just remember if you get a new set of bracelets be sure to let them know fun it was...

Obviously its different with someone you know
Think about it...

There are lots of ladies who will accept them, for instance I used to accept home depot's gift cards when I was renovating the house, vanilla visas are great for boat gas, dinner while traveling, lingerie., Etc., etc etc Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Would you prefer cash though?
Think about it... Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
You might want to re-read that, I said CARD information. If she had the code on the receipt and a good enough pic of the bar code (or that weird square thingy if it came from GameStop) the funds could be put on the steam account without having the physical card. I’ve done this more than once when the kid didn’t want to wait until I was home from work.
It's likely not a game. I'm thinking it is more along the lines of personal safety. Originally Posted by Gabrielle
Wrong. As usual. It is a scam.