Predator Drones Used Against Citizens

Just to help us get used to the military spying on citizens on US soil, and make us forget about the Posse Comitatus Act, here come the drones. Use of drones makes sense in this situation, but that doesn't make it legal, and we know the government will start with cases like these, and then move to our backyards. Truly dangerous.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/preda...rests-1.163154

Double speak.
Run to the king the sky is falling.If you ever find anything positive to post it will be a blessing.
Run to the king the sky is falling.If you ever find anything positive to post it will be a blessing. Originally Posted by ekim008
but we do need a watchman on the walls
Just to help us get used to the military spying on citizens on US soil, and make us forget about the Posse Comitatus Act, here come the drones. Use of drones makes sense in this situation, but that doesn't make it legal, and we know the government will start with cases like these, and then move to our backyards. Truly dangerous.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So you would rather the three perps were killed because they (LE) thought that they were armed (as they were the night before) or that the deputies should face the risk of walking into an ambush?
A government machine, one not being used at the time, was requested by the Sheriff's dept. They don't just fly around with the cameras on.
This was a perfect use of taxpayer owned property. It saved lives.
  • Laz
  • 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM
So you would rather the three perps were killed because they (LE) thought that they were armed (as they were the night before) or that the deputies should face the risk of walking into an ambush?
A government machine, one not being used at the time, was requested by the Sheriff's dept. They don't just fly around with the cameras on.
This was a perfect use of taxpayer owned property. It saved lives. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
While I am leary of trusting the government to do the right thing I also believe that they are not always doing the wrong thing. In this case I agree with Munchmasterman.
Munch, you HAVE to start reading what I post. You missed my point entirely. I'm trying to help you, man, you're sounding stupid again.
Munch, you HAVE to start reading what I post. You missed my point entirely. I'm trying to help you, man, you're sounding stupid again. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
In all the times you have offered to help or enlighten anyone, you have never delivered.
You imply a wisdom that never seems to make it to the show.

You tease but you never please. You are a stripper who promises everything and delivers nothing. Because even your tits are fake.

An attorney who doesn't know how bills are written or why they are soooo long!

And then you open your pie-hole about sounding stupid.

What a drag when both what's left of your intestine and your colostomy bag are both full.

It's OK. We understand your special needs.
I rest my case.
I rest my case. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
. . . while Munch has been drinking his.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
this is a none issue
Oh, you're right. Never mind that the US military is being used to spy on citizens on US soil.
Oh, you're right. Never mind that the US military is being used to spy on citizens on US soil. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
even tho, they are stationed at military bases, the drones are under civilian control, not military control. according to the article, they belong to DHS as part of the border patrol security and they have been loaning their drones on a case by case to civilian police agencies.
WOW you have waaaaay to much time on your hands........our military aids in keeping us from becoming a country like iran or irag....dude get a life