ACA - Reduces The Percentage Of Uninsured

Red states Arkansas and Kentucky lead the way for reducing the percentage of uninsured. Texas has the highest percentage of residents who are UNINSURED.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/map-sh...155016824.html
Red states Arkansas and Kentucky lead the way for reducing the percentage of uninsured. Texas has the highest percentage of residents who are UNINSURED.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/map-sh...155016824.html Originally Posted by flghtr65
Texas lagging behind, big surprise.
Texas was "too proud" to accept Federal Funds to expand Medicaid.. the ACA is better than nothing, but there is basically one health provider in Texas, if you utilize the ACA.. the deductible is very high, so in essence the payments amount to little more than an upfront tax to those who might essentially use the ER at no cost..
But....but....but.....what about the predictions of a "disaster" by the usual whackadoos? I thought life as we have all known it was bound to end.....isnt' that what they all told us?

And, now it appears that that ACA has actually done what Obama said it would do? And, all of the predictions of dire consequences and disaster? All of the sound and light and bullshit that the republicans quacked about turns out to have been wrong?

Oh, wait. I bet that will be next year ,right? Or, at some other unspecified time in the future.
theres a difference between being "insured" and having access to healthcare.

the large deductibles on obamacare make the insurance almost worthless, save some potential worth if a catastrophe occurs

this is true for the middle class, who pay their own way.

its nothing more, in most cases for those who actually pay the premiums, than a tax that funds welfare and pays off the crony insurance companies who went along with Obama for their secured slice and thus were paid off
Who the fuck do you think is paying for their insurance. I know my premiums have gone way up and the policy is a piece of shit. You mother fuckers think it is a great achievement to force someone else to pay for your insurance. Bunch of fucking leeches.
Texas was "too proud" to accept Federal Funds to expand Medicaid.. the ACA is better than nothing, but there is basically one health provider in Texas, if you utilize the ACA.. the deductible is very high, so in essence the payments amount to little more than an upfront tax to those who might essentially use the ER at no cost.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
How do you figure there is only one provider with a high deductible?

Who uses the ER at NO cost? Somebody pays. Every time.

Those statements are patently false, Chung Tran. Except, of course, for the part about Rick Perry and Texas being too proud to expand Medicaid, which of course, was essentially money Texas taxpayers had already contributed to the Feds. That money just might have wound up helping expand Medicaid in other states.

Brilliant move.

the large deductibles on obamacare make the insurance almost worthless, save some potential worth if a catastrophe occurs
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
One more time. The reason the deductibles are high is that in the individual market the health insurance companies cannot deny selling a policy to people with pre-existing conditions. In many cases these people ( "ARE ALREADY SICK"). Before the ACA was passed the health insurance companies simply did not sell health insurance to people with pre-existing conditions. If your pre-existing condition was Cancer no health insurance company would sell you a policy. People who are already sick are submitting far more claims that are paid out than premiums collected.

It has been documented quite extensively in other threads about unbalanced RISK POOLS and rising premiums in certain states for some health insurance companies.

If everyone were healthy(or low risk medically) before they purchased health insurance, everyone's premium would be lower.

Why do you think All State , State Farm and Geico only sell auto insurance to GOOD DRIVERS? Bad drivers have to go into ASSIGNED RISK.
Who the fuck do you think is paying for their insurance. I know my premiums have gone way up and the policy is a piece of shit. You mother fuckers think it is a great achievement to force someone else to pay for your insurance. Bunch of fucking leeches. Originally Posted by Budman
A family of 4 that makes $30,000 will get a subsidy from the Federal Government if they have to buy their insurance on the government exchange. That same family of 4 is pay ing tax on that income of $30,000. One could argue that their tax that they paid is helping to pay for their subsidy.

A family of 4 that makes less than $16,000 must get the expanded Medicaid (for the states that have it). This income is at or close to the poverty level and they aren't paying any taxes. Thus, you could say they are getting a free ride on taxpayers.
A family of 4 that makes $30,000 will get a subsidy from the Federal Government if they have to buy their insurance on the government exchange. That same family of 4 is pay ing tax on that income of $30,000. One could argue that their tax that they paid is helping to pay for their subsidy.

A family of 4 that makes less than $16,000 must get the expanded Medicaid (for the states that have it). This income is at or close to the poverty level and they aren't paying any taxes. Thus, you could say they are getting a free ride on taxpayers. Originally Posted by flghtr65
That family of four living near the poverty line most certainly is riding on the coat tails of the tax payers when it comes to their healthcare. Now they still have to file income tax, and how much do you think they are getting back in the form of a refund based on those two dependent children? I bet it's a sweet little chunk of change for someone not paying any taxes.

Jim
I gather that you think unemployment really is below 6% as well.

It's okay to drink the water...EPA head Gina McCarthy on the Colorado/New Mexico spill.

EPA won't release information on what was in the spill.
One more time. The reason the deductibles are high is that in the individual market the health insurance companies cannot deny selling a policy to people with pre-existing conditions. In many cases these people ( "ARE ALREADY SICK"). Before the ACA was passed the health insurance companies simply did not sell health insurance to people with pre-existing conditions. If your pre-existing condition was Cancer no health insurance company would sell you a policy. People who are already sick are submitting far more claims that are paid out than premiums collected.

It has been documented quite extensively in other threads about unbalanced RISK POOLS and rising premiums in certain states for some health insurance companies.

If everyone were healthy(or low risk medically) before they purchased health insurance, everyone's premium would be lower.

Why do you think All State , State Farm and Geico only sell auto insurance to GOOD DRIVERS? Bad drivers have to go into ASSIGNED RISK. Originally Posted by flghtr65
And how is this anything different than what I said?

The policies for the vast majority are mostly worthless

And they cost a lot and will cost even more because young people aren't the dupes Obama needed and are staying away, preferring the penalty over the tax called an "insurance policy"

I said we are paying a tax to cover welfare, be the welfare policy premium subsidies, or be the welfare loading every policy with " essential coverage" that is unneeded and unwanted, or as you needlessly point out one aspect of the welfare, pre-existing conditions

The policies are worthless for most people at most times and they are a tax

Pre-existing conditions was a problem which was handled in state risk pools but could have been addressed much more economically

Your statistic that more people are covered by "insurance" is operationally meaningless but useful if the idea is to be a charlatan

A family of 4 that makes less than $16,000 must get the expanded Medicaid (for the states that have it). This income is at or close to the poverty level and they aren't paying any taxes. Thus, you could say they are getting a free ride on taxpayers. Originally Posted by flghtr65

A family of 4 making $30,000 per year will not pay jack shit in federal income tax. As stated by others they will most likely receive money back because of the child tax credit.

I've said this in another thread but it is worth repeating. When I was forced to change plans last year in order to keep my doctors my premium would have been 900+ per month for just me for a decent plan. My other option was a shitty plan for 500. I chose the shitty plan. When I didn't receive a bill from them I called and the guy starts reading the general plan info to me. It was the top of the line plan that was going to cost almost 1000 per month. He then tells me with my subsidy my cost is only 58 per month. The stupid fuck had the wrong policy pulled up. I don't get a subsidy. I pay the full amount. IMO if you are receiving a subsidy you should only be eligible for the basic bronze plan. Period. Anything above that should be at your expense not mine.
This is a bad thing for Republicans, they view healthcare as something only wealthy people should have. They think that any poor kid with a life threatening or chronic disease should have to beg for medical care. . cause that's what Jesus would have wanted.
That family of four living near the poverty line most certainly is riding on the coat tails of the tax payers when it comes to their healthcare. Now they still have to file income tax
Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
oh yeah?

that family of 4 that is NEAR the poverty line bears a burden... ACA subsidies, yes, but the deductibles are so high, the coverage is close to worthless.. and that family can not opt out.. if it does, it is "taxed" for not obtaining insurance.. so yes, the family must file taxes TO PAY THE FUCKING HEALTHCARE TAX