California: Large Capacity Magazines legal Again?

The 9th Circuit seems to have reversed itself on firearm ammunition magazines holding more than 10 cartridges. Wonder if there is any connection to the riots and looting . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/9th-circu...172126816.html
  • oeb11
  • 08-15-2020, 01:55 PM
This is a 3 judge verdict - and passed 2-1.

Becerra - the kalifornia state AG - has already sounded off - they will appeal - and won't let it drop.

it may go to a larger panel of the Ninth - known as the most radical liberal - and most reversed Appeals court by the SC - or to the SC itself.

They have every intention of discarding the second Amendment.

and what, if any , - evidence exists to show these rifle restrictions have any impact on crime in america - zero!.
I disagree with the ruling.

state has a right to regulate arms, however stupid their reasons are; 10 round mag limit is reasonable and does not constitute infringement.
Why is it "reasonable"? Why not six bullets? Or 12? Or 14? The court made the point of saying half the magazines in the country are illegal in California. This is after years of forcing people to buy 10 round magazines.
Back in the day of muskets they had "volley" guns. They could fire 4, 5, or 7 rounds at once. Unreasonable? When Colt created the first practical revolver, did he pick 6 because it was reasonable or because it made engineering sense? Why did the Le Mat hold 8? When the world went to semiautomatic, why go beyond 6 shots? Because they could. A murderer like Billy the Kid, Jesse James, and Bill Hickhock carried more than one weapon so they could kill more efficiently. My Ruger holds 17 and my AR holds 30. Neither has killed anyone. Even my shotgun holds 10 but no one has died because of the "extra" shots.
I disagree with the ruling.

state has a right to regulate arms, however stupid their reasons are; 10 round mag limit is reasonable and does not constitute infringement. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
So lets limit the 1st and 4 now too
'
If one can be reasonable lets let the others.

You know what, lets edit the 5th while we are at it.

The 19th could be edited to only land owners.

More people are shot with pistols than with spooky evil black rifles with big babnana clip bullets and things that go up..
  • oeb11
  • 08-15-2020, 05:42 PM
You are correct about ahndguns - the source of most of shootings.

DPST's are terrified of semi-automatic weapons with a pistol grip - so they say - but restricting those weapons does nothing for the shootings incidence,.

It is just a ploy to attack the second amendment - and for the DPST's to eventually confiscate all weapons from citizens in their Amerika.

Civil War is coming - buy ammo - go to the range - and when the Liberal/ Marxist screeching horde comes to your street to loot and burn - Shoot the Bastards.
Why is it "reasonable"? Why not six bullets? Or 12? Or 14? The court made the point of saying half the magazines in the country are illegal in California. This is after years of forcing people to buy 10 round magazines.
Back in the day of muskets they had "volley" guns. They could fire 4, 5, or 7 rounds at once. Unreasonable? When Colt created the first practical revolver, did he pick 6 because it was reasonable or because it made engineering sense? Why did the Le Mat hold 8? When the world went to semiautomatic, why go beyond 6 shots? Because they could. A murderer like Billy the Kid, Jesse James, and Bill Hickhock carried more than one weapon so they could kill more efficiently. My Ruger holds 17 and my AR holds 30. Neither has killed anyone. Even my shotgun holds 10 but no one has died because of the "extra" shots. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
personally, there should be no limit.

most handguns have a 6-10 round limit (there are some that carry 12-14 rounds) whether its for a practical reason or for engineering reason.

my guess is the state took the handgun limit and applied that to the rifle limit.

whatever they have for their stupid reason, they have the right to regulate how many in a magazine should contain.
So lets limit the 1st and 4 now too
'
If one can be reasonable lets let the others.

You know what, lets edit the 5th while we are at it.

The 19th could be edited to only land owners.

More people are shot with pistols than with spooky evil black rifles with big babnana clip bullets and things that go up.. Originally Posted by Gotyour6

we're not talking about constitutional amendments.

look. the state is just being stupid about those restrictions.

california is a one party state without question.
Apparently the state does NOT have the "right" to regulate how many bullets you can have in your weapon. Give in on this and they will telling you how many bullets you can buy or own. "Most handguns have a six to ten round CAPACITY". Most of mine have a capacity of over 14. I limit myself to about 10 to preserve the spring tension.
Un-constitutional Cali liberal socials dim wits attacking the bill of rights
The RIOTERS need high capacity magazines.
I limit myself to about 10 to preserve the spring tension. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Just routinely service your magazines with cleaning them, which relaxes the springs....

.... and rotate them on a regular basis.
Un-constitutional Cali liberal socials dim wits attacking the bill of rights Originally Posted by rexdutchman
I haven’t read the Bills of Rights as closely as yous have Rexsie. It’s hard to reads something quite that sacred without feeling awed by the sheer numbers of idiots it’s created.

Maybe I missed the part about magazine capacity? Did they even have magazines back in the 18th Century? Little helps here!

I think yous are just joking with us again...

Just routinely service your magazines with cleaning them, which relaxes the springs....

.... and rotate them on a regular basis. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I’m guessing Hustler, Boys Life, Mens Health and Der Sturmer.

Are those the magazines you use to clean and relax your springs Lexsie?
DPST's are not well enough educated - nor have the attention span THINKING IS HARD
"shall not be infringed" is just too difficult to understand I guess.