Scott Walker - off my list as potential GOP Presidential candidate

I didn't know this about Walker, but he did not graduate college. He dropped out in the final semester of his fourth year at Marquette.

Here is an anti-Walker article that is mostly focused on other aspects of Walker's career, but it briefly speculates about why he dropped out. It appears the most likely reason is that he decided to go straight into politics. He ran for state assembly at age 22. He already had a job at IBM while still a student at Marquette.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...acial-politics

In any event, I don't see the country electing someone who did not graduate from college. The last one was Harry Truman.

I think he is a good governor, but in this day and age, you have to have the credentials.

I'm not going to back someone in the primaries who I think will probably be unelectable in the general election.

Don't get me wrong, if he wins the GOP nomination, I will still vote for him over Hillary.

But I think the GOP needs to find another candidate if they want to win in 2016.
I didn't know this about Walker, but he did not graduate college. He dropped out in the final semester of his fourth year at Marquette.

Here is an anti-Walker article that is mostly focused on other aspects of Walker's career, but it briefly speculates about why he dropped out. It appears the most likely reason is that he decided to go straight into politics. He ran for state assembly at age 22. He already had a job at IBM while still a student at Marquette.

In any event, I don't see the country electing someone who did not graduate from college. The last one was Harry Truman.

I think he is a good governor, but in this day and age, you have to have the credentials.

I'm not going to back someone in the primaries who I think will probably be unelectable in the general election.

Don't get me wrong, if he wins the GOP nomination, I will still vote for him over Hillary.

But I think the GOP needs to find another candidate if they want to win in 2016. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Gerald Ford played football in college.

Jim Carter was an engineer.

Bill Clinton ate the teacher.

College doesn't make you a good politician or leader.
I agree with your comments on Scott Walker. Very weird for the guy to drop out of college so close to graduation. Like quitting a marathon after running 24 miles. Why couldn't he have waited a couple more months to enter politics? It doesn't make sense.

Sean Hannity is a college dropout. So is fat filmmaker Michael Moore. While they have very different political views, one thing they share in common is they are both highly insecure. Maybe if they had finished college they would know how to carry on a normal conversation without interrupting and shouting down everyone they disagree with. They both act like fucking know-it-alls. Education teaches you how little you know.

Bill Gates was a Harvard dropout but who cares? Harvard gave him an honorary doctorate 30 years later.

But I think the GOP needs to find another candidate if they want to win in 2016. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Most of the voters didn't graduate from college, so maybe they can relate, and it will be a positive.
Walker is a winner, and upbeat, and he isn't a Bush.
Just to reiterate:

I'm not saying I don't like Walker or that he isn't smart or wouldn't make a good president.

I'm just saying that I think it reduces his chances of winning. And I want the GOP to win in 2016 - if for no other reason than to pick the Supreme Court justices.

If the Dems put up an Ivy League grad against Walker, they will find subtle and not-so-subtle ways to insinuate that Walker doesn't stack up against their candidate.

I don't want to concede any edge. It will get jerk-offs like Zanzibar another talking point.
Just to reiterate:

I'm not saying I don't like Walker or that he isn't smart or wouldn't make a good president.

I'm just saying that I think it reduces his chances of winning. And I want the GOP to win in 2016 - if for no other reason than to pick the Supreme Court justices.

If the Dems put up an Ivy League grad against Walker, they will find subtle and not-so-subtle ways to insinuate that Walker doesn't stack up against their candidate.

I don't want to concede any edge. It will get jerk-offs like Zanzibar another talking point. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I can understand why you feel that way. It does seem a bit strange that a presidential candidate wouldn't have a college degree. In these political times, I think most people maybe inclined to overlook that cause he did well as a Governor. I like Walker too. I think he has good character, and that means a lot and hopefully voters will see that.

Jim

Credentials? We just got done suffering through 8 years with a community organizer. (Ok, technically we aren't done yet, we still have to run out the clock on the last two years of the lamest of all lame duck Presidents)

Yeah, I guess you are right though. A resume that includes simultaneously cutting taxes, while balancing a $2 billion deficit, and adding over 200K jobs totally sucks in comparison to being a community organizer, or being a state senator who's major accomplishment was to vote "present".

I think Walker would make an outstanding president. Sadly, that is the only reason he is completely unelectable. We have a long track record of going out of our way to elect the worst and the dumbest rather than the best and the brightest.

College doesn't make you a good .... leader. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
No shit!

Some are smart enough to learn without affirmative action:

And become great leaders.
No Shit!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...heerleader.htm

And become great "Yell" leaders.
So, according to NYRKR, anyone who did not graduate from college is not worth anything. Is that about it?
So, according to NYRKR, anyone who did not graduate from college is not worth anything. Is that about it? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Apparently JDIdiit missed the point entirely. Is anyone surprised?

ExNYer clearly pointed out that Scott Walker dropped out of college (and apparently never returned) in the "final semester of his fourth year at Marquette."

You don't find that just a little strange that someone would make it to the final semester of college and drop out, to go straight into politics?
You don't find that just a little strange that someone would make it to the final semester of college and drop out, to go straight into politics? Originally Posted by bigtex
No. It's called seeking employment.

Although I realize that might be "strange" to

............ an "entitlement/affirmative action" guy, as yourself.

I believe he dropped out in his Junior Year at Harvard.
No Shit!

And become great "Yell" leaders. Originally Posted by bigtex
Or lying sacks of shit who make fools of themselves, but get your vote!

Have a nice day. Loser.
I suppose all of the outstanding accomplishments and leadership skills that Scott Walker has demonstrated as a Governor just doesn't count.

Leaders tend to be born. Not made.

For what it is worth, I never went to college, but I have paid for no less than 5 individule college degrees. My late wife, my daughter, my son in law, my sister in law, and my deceased brother's daughter.
No. It's called seeking employment.

Although I realize that might be "strange" to

............ an "entitlement/affirmative action" guy, as yourself. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Personally, I do not find it "strange" at all. In fact, I dropped out of college following my 4th semester. But I did return to college 4 1/2 years later. Eat 'em up!

With that said, I would not have considered dropping out of college with only one semester remaining, never to return.

Have a nice day. Idiot.