late night unsolicited text messages from a provider... dont be a victim

so i am very mad and upset. i was at home yesterday and i get a text message a little past midnight the text message says "hey big daddy" i notice it is from a provider i have never even seen!!! i was talking to mariah love and we never met! i had not spoken to her in a month

as soon as i get this message my SO looks over at me i jump up and tell her its my boss.... i know it is a lame lie......

sure shit then another message comes thru saying "hey hun i need a huge favor" i am praying to please stop so my SO doesnt get suspicious i then run to the bathroom

another text message "my phone is disconected if you can pay my bill i will make it up to you daddy" what the helll!!! i have never seen this girl, why is she texting me without reguard and i am not her daddy the fact that she thinks it is okay to do this to me in fron of the SO and hit me up for money when i dont even know the chick

another message "if you cant let me know so i can find another way to pay it" im in tears on my knees praying for the phone to not ring

another message" i could give you my car as colateral" what> who is this person doing this to me trying to ruin my life, unsoliciting callls this late in front of the SO i have never seen this girl

i tried to sleep at night but couldnt in panic thinking she would text or call me guys please i have to block this girl from my phone plan and preay my so doesnt ask about the number or try to call it

this is outragous that this mariah love is unprofessional i am usually a laid back guy but this is to much watch out guys if you would like to see the messages and number so you can have her blocked

mariah_love is her name
Hobby phone - hobby phone - hobby phone.

Or do what pyramider does and hobby from your neighbors phone.

Yea she shouldn't be texting or calling. But you should have a throw away phone that is never turned on when the SO is around and this would have never happened.

Sorry dude, but you shoulda known better that use your personal phone.
  • jfred
  • 05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Get two phones, Harley. Prepaid with cash. The level of professionalism varies dramatically in an unregulated black market business. You've just experienced one of the horrors of that.

If you're SO never says another word about it I'd still advise you to consider yourself caught, as far as what you do from here. She's suspicious as Hell after that episode.

If she pays the cell phone bills, sees that string of numbers and calls it back you're maybe gonna need a lawyer.

Feel for you, dude.
I hobby phone, but I'm also self-proclaimed smart.
I never answer my phone. Even with the SO, never have even since the beginning. It sends a precedence that you're the type that never answers. I always call back later.
My ringer is never on. Ever. Why would I?
phone conversations are for chicks. Don't be the dude that is eager every time he gets a phone call or text. People start expecting you to answer.
i mean did you have the number saved in your contacts??? tell the SO that someone had the wrong number and respond as such. it happens, end of story. your reaction would lead to suspicion, not the act itself.

otherwise, hobby phone.
Next time when you get a text like that don't scurry away to the bathroom!! Lol. Thats a dead giveaway. Notably the sweat beads and deer in the headlight look were also a factor. Notice I said next time??
Dude, why the heck even give your actual phone no? Google Voice or other avenues plenty. I wouldn't even go with hobby phone, since if that is discovered, that double dangerous, unless you can pass it off as work phone or something.

Anyway, part of the issue is you, even trying to answer etc. I get texts from girls occasionally, but its always from ones I have seen, other than this week, from someone who I have never seen.

I do not care, since its google voice, it goes unanswered till I login to check it.
  • BLM69
  • 05-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Never use your personal line to hobby, NEVER!!! She might goggle your number next and come pay you a visit if you don't pay her phone bill. Lesson learned I hope.....
If you are using your personal phone consider it playing with fire. And you KNOW what happens when you play with fire....
I got the same text!! Yikes!!
See my thread on hobby discretion that I was bashed in.

Apparently men love unsolicited texts at all hours of the day and night! It broke up two of my last relationships so men are either idiots, or they love the ego boost.

If you don't have a hobby phone, it's your own fault to a degree. These chicks don't care about you or your family. All they care about is your next visit, hence the texts of desperation.

Sadly, it's not even remotely slow right now, "Daddy" LOL .
Gawd..."Daddy" is so pimp-ish it's like "Snow Bunny" or "Snow" but I digress....

Welcome to the new hobby . You get what you pay for, even (especially)when dabbling in the lower end of the hobby pool.
Discretion is a commodity and ladies would be wise to learn that.

Everyone can bash this guy all they want, for not having a hobby phone. But in all reality, texting and calling for business is about as classless as a hooker can get. She's just as much at fault, for crossing lines that USED to be clearly established back when ladies conducted themselves as ladies, instead of desperate, broke-ass hookers sending out mass emails and texts.
If you are using your personal phone consider it playing with fire. And you KNOW what happens when you play with fire.... Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
You get burned Kaylee you HOT CHICK!!
I hobby phone, but I'm also self-proclaimed smart.
I never answer my phone. Even with the SO, never have even since the beginning. It sends a precedence that you're the type that never answers. I always call back later.
My ringer is never on. Ever. Why would I?
phone conversations are for chicks. Don't be the dude that is eager every time he gets a phone call or text. People start expecting you to answer. Originally Posted by enticeMe
LOL...I don't know why, but this is pretty funny
Good point about low end , high end would never do this !!!!!!!!
Wow... that is so unprofessional... It's shocking that a provider would stoop to that level of indiscretion... Wow.