Motorcycle Help

Im wanting to starting riding motorcycles, a friend is teaching me... Anybody have a Harley (1300 C.C) or bigger or 600 C.C. crotch rocket they can sell, trade, or let me take payments on? Ill cover full coverage insurance and write out contract!!! Or even a nice classic car? I wanta arrive in style!!!
Find a 600 cc cruisre or something like EX500 Kawasaki to learn,weight is not your friend when learning! Easier to upgrade with experience than get hurt or scared learning! I started on cruisers long ago and can handle GSXR 1300's but prefer 750-1000 class bikes for riding,plenty of ump but still agil enough around town! Have drag raced and pleasure cruised so know enough to survive...have also survived going over handle bars at 65 mph and walked away.
Only a suggestion, motorcycles are fun and I have owned
them all my life, but no way would I ride one in a big city
now, just too dangerous. I've known of too many people
who were hurt or killed on one, and I am also a very
experienced rider, still wouldn't do it. People just don't
respect you on the road and in the city that's +10.
I've had a lot of close calls on one, too many, just
lucky I'm not one of the crippled or dead. I would
def go with a nice sporty car, or hell why not a tricked
out pickup truck that would be cool as hell.
While I can not offer a bike as I don't have one for sale. However being a certified motorcycle safty instructor; I can't help but to comment here. If you have the desire to learn to ride I reccomend you sign up for a state certified training course i.e. MSF or Harley Davidson's Riders Edge. I can only assume your friend is a good rider, but it is much more involved in learning to ride a MC that is the easy part. Learning MC safety and manuvers is much more importatnt in this day an age.
Riding bikes is amazingly fun. But like the previously stated they are very dangerous . I rode one every day for over 20 years. Love them! But everyday some idiot is going to try and kill you. Now you're going to avoid a lot of accidents. But the odds are against you, and they will eventually catch up to you. It took 20 years of this gambling for me to finally lose. When it caught up to me. I had someone pull out without looking left first. Making me T-bone them in the side. It crushed my left leg, broke all the ribs on the left side, fractured 3 vertebrae in my neck. I was in the hospital 2 months. Had a steel rod for a femur for 5 years. I was unable to walk for 5 years. Had 6 surgeries to rebuild my leg. You lose all your friends in this time , no matter how good of friends you THINK you have. My medical bills were in excess of 500,000. Insurance canceled immediately after paying initial bills, and then you can't be insured again because of pre-existing condition. PLEASE consider all of this before doing this. I'm not telling you not to, just think long and hard about it! Limit your time on one, because every minute on one is another minute that the odds will be able to catch up to you. I was 26 when it happened, and 31 before I could walk again. Prime of my life was stolen in a split second. Be Careful, and Good Luck!
SSRESTORATION,,.. ROCHESTER N.Y annie
Riding bikes is amazingly fun. But like the previously stated they are very dangerous . I rode one every day for over 20 years. Love them! But everyday some idiot is going to try and kill you. Now you're going to avoid a lot of accidents. But the odds are against you, and they will eventually catch up to you. It took 20 years of this gambling for me to finally lose. When it caught up to me. I had someone pull out without looking left first. Making me T-bone them in the side. It crushed my left leg, broke all the ribs on the left side, fractured 3 vertebrae in my neck. I was in the hospital 2 months. Had a steel rod for a femur for 5 years. I was unable to walk for 5 years. Had 6 surgeries to rebuild my leg. You lose all your friends in this time , no matter how good of friends you THINK you have. My medical bills were in excess of 500,000. Insurance canceled immediately after paying initial bills, and then you can't be insured again because of pre-existing condition. PLEASE consider all of this before doing this. I'm not telling you not to, just think long and hard about it! Limit your time on one, because every minute on one is another minute that the odds will be able to catch up to you. I was 26 when it happened, and 31 before I could walk again. Prime of my life was stolen in a split second. Be Careful, and Good Luck! Originally Posted by rockerrick
Your much too young and pretty to have that happen to you.
The only reason I'm posting on here and sounding so preachy
is because one of my best friends was killed in a motorcycle
accident, and another was paralyzed, and has spent many
years in a wheelchair. Both were very experienced riders,
but all the experience in the world wont save you from a
drunk or careless driver. Just not worth the risk.
Nicole........a 600cc crotch rocket or a 1300 cc cruiser is too much bike for a beginner. I am seeing too many beginning bikers starting out with too much bike and getting hurt. I started riding in 1968 when I was 12 on a mini bike. I then progressed to a 90, a 125, a 250, a 500, a 750. Most of my younger years, I raced in the 125 and 250cc motocross class because I was too young to get a license at that time. I developed most of my skills on small bore bikes in the dirt. I enjoy riding on the street, but my best fun comes riding my dirt bikes where I don't have to worry about other drivers not seeing me. Start out on smaller bikes, and I hope you enjoy motorcycling for many years to come.
Nicole........a 600cc crotch rocket or a 1300 cc cruiser is too much bike for a beginner. I am seeing too many beginning bikers starting out with too much bike and getting hurt. I started riding in 1968 when I was 12 on a mini bike. I then progressed to a 90, a 125, a 250, a 500, a 750. Most of my younger years, I raced in the 125 and 250cc motocross class because I was too young to get a license at that time. I developed most of my skills on small bore bikes in the dirt. I enjoy riding on the street, but my best fun comes riding my dirt bikes where I don't have to worry about other drivers not seeing me. Start out on smaller bikes, and I hope you enjoy motorcycling for many years to come. Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
I agree with Jed and am in no way going to try to disuade you from learning to ride. IMO, the best place for a lady to begin is on a lighter, low center of gravity, cruiser.

One thing to think about, if you want it to be able to "arrive in style" you want to have a good backup plan. A motorcycle is a load of fun and I would love to go riding with you as foreplay. However, bikes are very weather dependent. When it's cold or wet, style just went out the window. And if it is too hot you will arrive soaked in sweat. I would vote for the classic car AND a motorcycle just to cover all the bases and weather conditions.

On another note, just looking at your showcase, I think you would arive in style if you showed up in a pumpkin. You are sexy as hell and don't need any extra accessories or fancy ride to have style.
As previously mentioned...your best bet is a certified training course...everything hey teach is "pyramid learning"...giving you a solid base of lessons and excercises that build to being ready for the road and road test....i believe the majority of courses even complete your road test if you like and then your ready to go.

Also...600 or 1300cc is not the way to go...a 250cc starter bike is the way to go...you ride to enjoy the ride...not how fast you get there...
I gave up riding 15 yrs ago when I got married - two friends met their end riding, albeit under different circumstances... also gave up sky diving and hunting.... a family member from Vermont was mistaken for a deer - didnt end well.... conversely, have not given up drinking, whereas a friend who drank and drove met his end on a bridge... nor have I given up golf, where I once witnessed a guy suffer a heart attack while getting ready to tee off...

Do as you like and use good judgment
Riding is dangerous; but fun.

You decide, but if you go ahead, definelty take a certified riding safety course.
Nicole........a 600cc crotch rocket or a 1300 cc cruiser is too much bike for a beginner. I am seeing too many beginning bikers starting out with too much bike and getting hurt. I started riding in 1968 when I was 12 on a mini bike. I then progressed to a 90, a 125, a 250, a 500, a 750. Most of my younger years, I raced in the 125 and 250cc motocross class because I was too young to get a license at that time. I developed most of my skills on small bore bikes in the dirt. I enjoy riding on the street, but my best fun comes riding my dirt bikes where I don't have to worry about other drivers not seeing me. Start out on smaller bikes, and I hope you enjoy motorcycling for many years to come. Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
I disagree, my first street bike was/is a Honda CBR600 and its more tame than my 2 stroke kx100 dirtbike! However, I do recommend learning on a dirt bike....just my .02

I disagree, my first street bike was/is a Honda CBR600 and its more tame than my 2 stroke kx100 dirtbike! However, I do recommend learning on a dirt bike....just my .02

Originally Posted by Alyssa Nicole
Wow Alyssa you look great on your bike.....and glad to see you wearing a helmet. You should wear a protective riding suit to prevent road rash on those gorgeous legs! Glad to see you having fun and liking motorcycles. True to some extent that the modern motocross bikes are pretty wicked. When I raced.....I started on a 1970 Suzuki 90 that I took the headlight and tailights off of to race. From there, I progressed to a suzuki tm125 motocross. I then progressed to a 1973 Husqvarna 250. I collect bikes now, and have quite a few vintage dirt and street bikes. I try to make it to Vegas every year for the annual classic bike auction. I do have a Kawasaki kx500 two stroke which is an absolute beast to ride.
My point is.....is that I followed a natural progression of starting with small bikes and working my way up. Your CBR 600 is capable of 11 second quarter miles and 140 mph. That's way more bike than any street bike available when I was young......and I just worry that a beginning biker would get hurt on something like that. Glad you never did get hurt. I never broke any bones riding, but had a few sprains and concussions. Thank god for the helmets! Keep on wearing that helmet Alyssa......you look gorgeous even wearing a helmet. Also watch out for other drivers......they may get distracted looking at your legs!
Now is a very good time to buy a motorcycle; the market is flooded with good quality used bikes in almost all categories.......it is a buyer's market right now !

Craigs list is a good starting point; also, this dallas area MC dealer has a very large inventory of used bikes...check it out.

http://www.dreammachinesoftexas.com/

Im wanting to starting riding motorcycles, a friend is teaching me... Anybody have a Harley (1300 C.C) or bigger or 600 C.C. crotch rocket they can sell, trade, or let me take payments on? Ill cover full coverage insurance and write out contract!!! Or even a nice classic car? I wanta arrive in style!!! Originally Posted by Nicole22atx