ACL Festival

• Toyz
  • 05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
YEP!!!

Just got notification the regular passes go on sale next week!

Just FYI I will be unreachable during the 3 days of ACL October 12th, 13th & 14th, sometimes there are even priorities to the hobby!!!

I received the notification too but it is only for 3-day passes. Much as I love the music scene, 3 days is just too much for me. I will wait until the single day passes come out and see which day is the best for me personally. I have the utmost respect for you who can make it through 3 days. Should be cooler this year with the dates later in the year.
  • Toyz
  • 05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I received the notification too but it is only for 3-day passes. Much as I love the music scene, 3 days is just too much for me. I will wait until the single day passes come out and see which day is the best for me personally. I have the utmost respect for you who can make it through 3 days. Should be cooler this year with the dates later in the year. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Its a grind! But still a must do...

And I am there when the gates open through closing act...last year wasnt bad weather wise and saturday it actually rained and was a nice occasional mist Sat night for Stevie Wonder....

Hope the lineup is a bit stronger this year...was kinda dissapointed with last year.
wonder when will the lineup be out
i reallyed enjoyed all three headlining acts last year though
  • Toyz
  • 05-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Couple of rumors..."alabama shakes" the one I've heard the most...they were here for SXSW...would be a must see for me. Goteye is mentioned, but not sure if there is much to it.

Remember its later this year, so don't expect the lineup to start fleshing out until later...but there should be SOME announcements the week after the 3 day are released...
ACL will occasionally have a really cool headliner but many of the bands are acts you can see any night of the week in Austin in a much more intimate setting.

I wish ACL would book metal or rock acts. KISS, Metallica, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc

sixx
  • Toyz
  • 05-03-2012, 10:24 PM
ACL will occasionally have a really cool headliner but many of the bands are acts you can see any night of the week in Austin in a much more intimate setting.

I wish ACL would book metal or rock acts. KISS, Metallica, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Would love to see AC/DC...
The someone that I know, knows someone that said the following were all solid

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Black Keys
Springsteen
M83
Neil Young Crazy Horse

I'm not into the crowd scene myself.... But I get a few passes handed to me that I tend to use to make some young lady happy...
RHCP are almost a lock. Look at their tour schedule and they're in Houston/ Dallas right before and after the weekend of the festival. With nothing currently on their tour calendar for that weekend.

I've also heard Weezer, Decemberists, Muse, and a few others.

That Friday through Monday (I'm an old man and need an extra day to recover) are blocked from my calendar every year.

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Black Keys
Springsteen
M83
Neil Young Crazy Horse

I'm not into the crowd scene myself.... But I get a few passes handed to me that I tend to use to make some young lady happy... Originally Posted by Whispers
If Springsteen makes it, that is the day I'll be there. I agree with you about the crowds but it's just something you have to put up with to hear a full day (or 3 days for people like Toyz) of good to great music.
  • Toyz
  • 05-04-2012, 06:24 AM

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Black Keys
Springsteen
M83
Neil Young Crazy Horse

I'm not into the crowd scene myself.... But I get a few passes handed to me that I tend to use to make some young lady happy... Originally Posted by Whispers
Springsteen I've seen twice...Neil Young would be one on my bucket list! Black Keys would be fun as well.
Crossed Neil Young off the list a couple of years ago @ Bass Hall. Odd show. Glad I went but not what I was expecting.

Black Keys played ACL Fest a few years ago and I navigated my way to the front. Kick ass show - almost more than an old man like me could handle.

Would LOVE to see Springsteen out there.

Shouldn't the lineup be out pretty soon?
  • Toyz
  • 05-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Lineup is going to be released May 23rd.....
  • Toyz
  • 05-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Oh and to re Neil Young comment....same for me for Van Morrison. Awesome voice still...bur the strangest comcert I've ever attended..
Thanks for the info, Toyz.

Really looking forward to this year's festival. With it being a little later, AND on Texas/OU weekend, the weather should be great (read: cooler) and the crowd might be down just a bit.

I saw Van Morrison at ACL a while back. I actually thought he was great.

I think the next big artist missing from my bucket list is Elton John. I missed him when he came thru a few years ago. Thinking about a trip to Vegas if he's still doing his regular show out there.

Other than that, I've seen most of the Great White Whales in my music collection.