ROT Rally

Anyone going to the ROT rally this weekend?

I've got a Ducati and am looking for a small group to ride with out the fair grounds on Saturday and maybe 6th street that evening.

PM me if you have a bike and are interested.
  • Toyz
  • 06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Wish I could...am going out Thursday night to see Government Mule, but will be out of town on Saturday...
Wear your helmet!
  • Toyz
  • 06-07-2012, 07:47 AM
In my convertible? Really?
atx hope to see you out there maybe i can come say hi
  • Toyz
  • 06-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Who was out for the Rally last night? You would have seen me front row just right of center for the Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Government Mule concert...man, Warren Haynes was amazing, one of the most surprisingly great concerts I've seen...
Remember No refusal DWI checkpoints are in effect during ROT.
Pretty amazing Rally this year. I have been fortunate to go every year since 2005. It gets bigger every year, and I always stay all four days.

I had some custom work done this year on my bike by several top name vendors, so I was very happy.

The Nugent concert was badass, beautiful evening weather-wise, and Ted was his usual politically incorect self, and his usual bad ass guitar playing, then the parade until 3:00 a.m.

Mardi Gras on Bikes...
I saw Danny trejo at 6th and congress. Hes just as ugly in person.
I think if I saw Trejo on 6th, I'd have to cross to the other side of the street.. He looks just that mean!~
Haha. Everybody recognized him but no one approached him. He's really short. He's also in great shape.for.a.dude.pushing 70.
it is amazing how short so many of the "stars" are. as a kid, my parents knew several celebrities, Tony Curtis, Red Buttons, Ward Bond (there's a name from the past), and a few others.. they were ALL much shorter than you would think..
I was disappointed in that every year, less and less of the big vendors show up with their semi trailers and catalogs. No Dennis Kirk, Drag Specialties, Kuryakyn, or JP Cycles this year. It's more smaller mom and pop trinket type vendors and way too many LED light installers. It got me to wondering if there was another big event in the country somewhere else on the same weekend, or do the ROT promoters just charge too much for a vendor spot. OTH, the bare boobies and bodypaint keep getting better every year.