WTF Judges ????

So me and homer go to the Mansion Sat night pay a 2$ cover sit down and Pacquiao vs. Bradley is just about to start. We're thinking fuck this is gonna be great . And the fight was good , but fairly clear that Pacquiao was leading every round. Then time runs out in 12th and it goes decision . What the fuck was going through the judges tiny little minds ? We're they not watching the same fight ? Even at 2$ we were burned by the judges . That had to be rigged !
The promoter is now asking for an age restriction on boxing judges...seems one or two are in their 70's and one guy is in his 80's...

When asked about it, the 80 year old said, "maybe so; our attention span is not that great anymore.."

Unbelievable...
The promoter is now asking for an age restriction on boxing judges...seems one or two are in their 70's and one guy is in his 80's...

When asked about it, the 80 year old said, "maybe so; our attention span is not that great anymore.."

Unbelievable... Originally Posted by chipsandsalsa
+1 With so much on the line, who allows that to happen?!
Anyone remember when a prime Pernell Whitaker came to San Antonio in front of 50,000 plus pro Julio Cesar Chavez crowd and pitched a near shutout to the grand majority of spectators but was given a draw? At that the time that was considered the biggest judging robbery. The Pac fight sounded like a bad decision BUT not the level of the Chavez fight because even I (a huge Chavez fan) was hard pressed to even give him 2 rounds in that fight.

It's always been said that when a fights in Vegas, ANYTHING can happpen when you let it go to the cards.

Rockerrick, did you and Homer like the Mansions? I know they offer from Thurs-Sat 2 buck cover, 2 buck drinks, and 5 buck dances before 11. Is it as ghetto as its rep makes it out to be? Not that I mind ghetto......

sixx
Rockerrick, did you and Homer like the Mansions? I know they offer from Thurs-Sat 2 buck cover, 2 buck drinks, and 5 buck dances before 11. Is it as ghetto as its rep makes it out to be? Not that I mind ghetto......

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Sixx , the Mansion is a pretty nice set up , but run like shit. I don't think there was more than 15 people and 2 dancers . Yes , it's pretty much like what I'd heard the rep was . Drank way too much against advice from homie , hurled 1st time in like 10 years . We had way more fun at XTC !!!
The judges were downright awful.
I think it was staged. There are not that many big named fighters out there left for Pac. to fight. Everyone knows Mayweather will continue to duck Pac. as he is more concerned about remaining undefeated then he is about fighting the best competition. So in order for promoters to continue reaping big money draws they cook up this controversy in order to sell a rematch.
I think it was staged. There are not that many big named fighters out there left for Pac. to fight. Everyone knows Mayweather will continue to duck Pac. as he is more concerned about remaining undefeated then he is about fighting the best competition. So in order for promoters to continue reaping big money draws they cook up this controversy in order to sell a rematch. Originally Posted by northaustincouple74

so true my friend, so true
I think it was staged. There are not that many big named fighters out there left for Pac. to fight. Everyone knows Mayweather will continue to duck Pac. as he is more concerned about remaining undefeated then he is about fighting the best competition. So in order for promoters to continue reaping big money draws they cook up this controversy in order to sell a rematch. Originally Posted by northaustincouple74

I believe that this might have been done to have Paq finally concede to not get a share of the PPV revenue that will be generated with Paq vs. Mayweather match. Apparently, mayweather feels he is the PPV draw and does not want to share in that. Paq has been offered 30 to 40 million but with no PPV revenue. Paq wants a piece of that pie of course.

Maybe it was done so Paq loses leverage with a loss and Mayweather still undefeated.

Who truly knows?? lol

sixx
Sixx , the Mansion is a pretty nice set up , but run like shit. I don't think there was more than 15 people and 2 dancers . Yes , it's pretty much like what I'd heard the rep was . Drank way too much against advice from homie , hurled 1st time in like 10 years . We had way more fun at XTC !!! Originally Posted by rockerrick

Yeah, The Mansions seems to have shitty management. I looked at their FB page and the posting for Saturday reads, "We showing fight , come over." There are also other very poorly written posts by whomever runs their FB page.

I also doubt they legally were able to show the fight for commercial purpose. I usually watch UFC at the Warehouse and the bar told me they don't order the boxing because for boxing it is double the price of the UFC PPV which is about a grand.

I doubt the Mansions forked over 2k for the fight considering they were only charging 2 bucks for cover.

Very stupid of them to do that as a business IMO

sixx
Anyone remember when a prime Pernell Whitaker came to San Antonio in front of 50,000 plus pro Julio Cesar Chavez crowd and pitched a near shutout to the grand majority of spectators but was given a draw? At that the time that was considered the biggest judging robbery. Originally Posted by sixxbach
Maybe in pro boxing, and maybe it still is. But the biggest robbery of all time at any level has to be when Roy Jones lost to the Korean fighter in the '88 Seoul Olympics. The Korean guy never laid a glove on Jones, and Jones knocked the Korean fighter down several times. But the bout went to the Korean. Simply stunning.
we live in a world of universal corruption and bs.... I just wonder how anyone could take this seriously