music in the background

what is your feel for music in the background during a session? I play anything from James Brown, BB King, SRV, Local bands, Motown, what ever gets me in the grove and feeling frisky. Some women provide quiet elevator mood music. some classical. what do you prefer and why? how distracting is music that is upbeat vs quiet and mellow? what about leaving on the radio like on KUT when it is all music and not news?
I prefer no vocals since I have nasty ADD and start singing along instead of focusing on what we're doing. My favorite in-session music is lounge or trip-hop, very sexy music and often without vocals or at least ones that I don't know.
I prefer no vocals since I have nasty ADD and start singing along instead of focusing on what we're doing. Originally Posted by NastyCanasta
Now, that is a great sitcom scene just waiting to be written.

My favorite in-session music is lounge or trip-hop, very sexy music and often without vocals or at least ones that I don't know. Originally Posted by NastyCanasta
Got any suggestions? I like that stuff too, when I hear it, but don't know any of the artists.
I like going out dancing and don't mind various kinsd of music in such settings. But as for hobby sessions?

I don't like any kind of external distractions... TV is terrible, rap/hip-hop will make me want to leave. Quiet jazz or such is fine, but even then if it gets too loud or up tempo it's distracting. I prefer the girl to be the center of my distraction. Simple concept...
I like the meow mix song, meow, meow, meow,meow,meow,meow,meow,meow, meow,meow,meow,meow,meow,meow
I like the meow mix song, meow, meow, meow,meow,meow,meow,meow,meow, meow,meow,meow,meow,meow,meow Originally Posted by Martianman
Lol freak!
Now, that is a great sitcom scene just waiting to be written. Originally Posted by Fratelli
Seriously, it happens... My visit with klovve, which was my first visit to ANY provider so you'd think she'd have my undivided attention, a song comes on and it's some redo of Hall & Oates "I Can't Go For That"... I was a) singing along even though I hate the song, b) wondering who in the Hell would redo it?? I'm from the 80's and I hated those cocksuckers...

Got any suggestions? I like that stuff too, when I hear it, but don't know any of the artists. Originally Posted by Fratelli
Bitter:Sweet, Bonobo, Esthero, Karsh Kale, Lemongrass, Morcheeba (one of Anna Carter's fav's). Some are instrumental, some have vocals, but all kind of soft with a solid beat. Actually Anna turned me on to most of those bands. If you have DirecTV you can check out channel 857.
I used Pandora and keep it on the Moby station@!!!

great stuff
I stay either sensual, primal or the combination of both. Cusco, Deep Forest, Cherokee Myth by Dino Soldo, Joanne Shenandoah, Diane Krall (Her older better stuff), Dead Can Dance etc..
Now, that is a great sitcom scene just waiting to be written.

Got any suggestions? I like that stuff too, when I hear it, but don't know any of the artists. Originally Posted by Fratelli
Seriously, it happens... My visit with klovve, which was my first visit to ANY provider so you'd think she'd have my undivided attention, a song comes on and it's some redo of Hall & Oates "I Can't Go For That"... I was a) singing along even though I hate the song, b) wondering who in the Hell would redo it?? I'm from the 80's and I hated those cocksuckers.... Originally Posted by NastyCanasta
LOL, that scene just writes itself!
Klovve: Lets get naked, I want to suck your cock.
NC: No, I can't go for that, no can do....

Bitter:Sweet, Bonobo, Esthero, Karsh Kale, Lemongrass, Morcheeba (one of Anna Carter's fav's). Some are instrumental, some have vocals, but all kind of soft with a solid beat. Actually Anna turned me on to most of those bands. If you have DirecTV you can check out channel 857. Originally Posted by NastyCanasta
Yeah, Anna had a great playlist. I almost lost my fingers when I got too close to her computer to check out the name of a song and she slammed it shut. I should have known better.
I like going out dancing and don't mind various kinsd of music in such settings. But as for hobby sessions?

I don't like any kind of external distractions... TV is terrible, rap/hip-hop will make me want to leave. Quiet jazz or such is fine, but even then if it gets too loud or up tempo it's distracting. I prefer the girl to be the center of my distraction. Simple concept... Originally Posted by Bobave
I agree.

Music can be helpful for setting the mood. Not as good as good conversation, but music can be helpful. Once the mood is set, all I want to hear are the sounds of sex.
No vocals is the way to go. A woman's voice can be incredibly sexy. Dirty old men singing clash harshly with a woman's voice.

As for the sound, doesn't matter to me so long as the pace fits the mood. Skrillex/Deadmau5 would work for some ladies, classical for others.
I used Pandora and keep it on the Moby station@!!!

great stuff Originally Posted by Sydney Pure
As in Dick? Does someone have a white whale fetish?

Some blues music is nice.
As in Dick? Does someone have a white whale fetish?

Some blues music is nice. Originally Posted by saustin
yep moby dick you need to listen to that station if you haven't you missing out!!