Fuel City at 3:00am, amazing...

I crack up every time I go, but great tacos do call around 3:00am...

Has anyone else been - and ARE THEY ALL FROM BP? lol!
(It is the greatest free show in Dallas, IMHO...)
Fuel City tacos do come with extra entertainment during those hours haha. MMmm now im craving
...and that corn.

How the hell can corn, parkay, cheese & srirachi hot sauce taste that good at 3:00am?
I try to avoid Fuel City at 3AM - Way too much going on there just for some tacos. Last time I went there at 3AM, I got panhandled by two different homeless men, and got stared at/gawked at by five other men. Too many guys and thugs asking for a phone numbers there. I don't like that kind of attention.

Also, their delicious elote'(?) stand isn't even open at that hour. Booo!
And where might this fine establishment be located?
It's on Riverfront (I guess that would be north? of Cadiz?)... AB is right, though... don't expect the classiest of society - but I've always found everyone kind of jovial and laughing. (probably because most have had a few).

It's in a HUGE gas station (hence the name), and the taco window is cash only and walk up... but DAMN, that barbacoa and pastor! deadly...
I crack up every time I go, but great tacos do call around 3:00am...

Has anyone else been - and ARE THEY ALL FROM BP? lol!
(It is the greatest free show in Dallas, IMHO...) Originally Posted by Scribe
Hmm.. I guess this explains your errant recommendation of Da Lat in the Pho thread.. you like late-night spots.
Fuel City tacos do come with extra entertainment during those hours haha. MMmm now im craving Originally Posted by phoenixfire_
If you're buyin' I'm flyin.

(fuck it, I'll buy too)
The 3 am weekend crowd is definitely a sideshow. During the week is nothing like that...still gets pretty crowded during the lunch hours but at least the inside window is also open so the lines move faster. You can't enter the gas station part of the store after a certain time at night so that leaves only the outside window.
That place is scary enough at 5:00 in the late afternoon, let alone 3:00AM.
...and that corn.

How the hell can corn, parkay, cheese & srirachi hot sauce taste that good at 3:00am? Originally Posted by Scribe
elote

If you try it at home use valentina sauce
Fuel city is NOT for the faint hearted no matter what time of day.....most all the food out of there is viciously good
What is with the pool, cattle and dinosaur, though? Nobody seems to know.
I know the pool used to be open, and I heard it got too wild. (Hard to imagine, right? They sell beer from a HUGE iced tub right in the middle of the place, hot Dallas nights, and the apparently interesting crowd who frequents the place = pool got closed down.) The dinosaurs, I have no idea.CT - I DO like late night spots... I'm usually eating dinner after midnight. It was easy in Seattle, with 13 Coins right across from SEATAC, but great-gourmet food in Dallas late seems to be a mystery. The Pho thread was about "the best places" - and best for ME means a lot more than just the food. Being open is one of these...(Just like, the best provider might mean more that the one with the best "fill in the blank however you prefer"...) I also like the place, the people, and the experience. Much like life. Much like everything. If you look at life with a broader eye, you tend to gain a little more acceptance and appreciation for nuance. But then again, PHO might be your national dish - and you take a certain pride in it which you were trying to convey. Just saying - "to each their own"
What's supposed to be scary about Fuel City? Or is that a joke/euphemism I'm not gleaning proper context of?