Major I-45 road closures this weekend on northside

This is affecting 2 of my gentlemen friends visiting my northern lair this weekend, so thought I ought to bring it to the attention of other Houston Hobbyists traveling back and forth to points north like Spring and The Woodlands.

From TxDot:
I-45 Southbound from N. SHEPHERD DR to LITTLE YORK RD. total closure. Closed continuously from 9:00 PM, Friday, September 5, to 5:00 AM, Monday, September 8. Detour: Motorist will need to take the Shepherd/Little York exit to the frontage road and re-enter at the entrance ramp after Shepherd.

Honestly, if you take that detour you will get stuck in a horrific traffic jam. Make plans for an alternate route that will steer you clear of the whole area.

If that route includes catching the Sam Houston Tollway off I-45 S. at Greenspoint, be aware that the southbound exit ramp to Greens Road will also be closed this weekend (Rankin is the suggested detour), as well as the 2 inside lanes of the frontage road going north connecting to Beltway 8. Traffic will be a mess there, too, so avoid it.

Returning from the northern lights of lust, the Hardy Toll Road South, entering off I-45 S. just below The Woodlands or off FM 1960 E., would probably be best, or cut across to I-59 S. over 242 E. or FM 1960 E.

If you are traveling across the city, never hurts to check this:
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/c...on_report.aspx

Now, back to your regularly scheduled mayhem and molestation.

Thanks for the info hun!
59 North to 610 West to Hardy to 1960 ....

I'm sure Fancy is worth every penny of the toll.
Thank you for the info. I had a client from the woodland inquiring today about this weekend so that surely helps a lot. thank you
Fuck, I 45 is going to be a parking lot all weekend.

If you are traveling across the city, never hurts to check this:
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/c...on_report.aspx

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Google maps app builds in traffic alerts/congestions...with alternative routes.
well, dammit! I was thinking about hitting up the north side of town this weekend. ugh! guess best I read this first at least. might have to think that decision over now.

thanks for the information Fancyinheels
There are four ways to get to the "North side" ...

.... Not going because 45 is partially closed is an excuse, not a reason.
Thanks for the info! I live up that way.
Dang it!!

Thanks for the heads up, Fancy. I was going to head up that way today to do some vintage shopping.

*curtsy*
Dang it!!

Thanks for the heads up, Fancy. I was going to head up that way today to do some vintage shopping.

*curtsy*
Originally Posted by GenesisNicole
Old Town Spring, the Spring Antique Mall, or one of the resale/consignment shops off 1960 West or in Tomball? Neat places.
I knew I should have checked this. I got stuck for 2 hours in it.
Just got back to Northside from the Museum District .. round trip.

Each way: 25-30 minutes. No tolls coming back.

You guys need a "pathfinder"!
Just got back to Northside from the Museum District .. round trip.

Each way: 25-30 minutes. No tolls coming back.

You guys need a "pathfinder"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
LL, it has been hit or miss the past few months with the grand parkway construction.

Sometimes both 45 and 59 are funneled to the feeders, or just flat out closed, there is always advanced notice, but... Some of us fuckers are gun shy...
I knew I should have checked this. I got stuck for 2 hours in it. Originally Posted by chess9718cb
That bites! Sorry, hon. Very frustrating. How far back was the jam?

Looking like I will be making an outcall to Angleton tomorrow, and I'll be coming direct from the Irish Chihuahua Reserve northeast of Conroe on I-45 S. Have been on Google Maps. Not sure if I can bypass the problem at Greenspoint to catch the Beltway/Sam Houston Toll Road, but hoping it won't be too bad on a Sunday. That will take me farther out of my way that I'd like.

Any other route suggestions, please? Suppose I could take Highway 6 around to 288, but that will really be a long detour.