Best Location To Visit In Austin?

Hey guys and girls!

I've been thinking about visiting Austin after the summer but since I'm unfamiliar with the area, I would need some advice as to what part of town to stay in.
What are the most popular yet hobby-friendly areas that most providers do well in? I'm also interested in being fairly close to entertainment, shopping, and dining.

If everything goes according to plan this summer, I will be visiting in September or October

Thanks for your feedback! Looking forward to visiting soon!
I like the Domain (Still Looking, quiet now). I find that North Austin is favored by my clients. Other than that, maybe the Triangle?

I've never worked in South Austin, so someone else is going to have to chime in.
Stay away from Rundberg , I35 & 183 , I35 & 290 all bad areas .
Please try book in downtown where many nice gentleman as i am would see you during their break from job!!! I always see provider during lunch.
i would have to concur with die hard, in terms of where to stay away. anywhere along the 183/mopac area would keep you close to shopping(domain, arboretum). please keep us posted to when you get here...
i would have to concur with die hard, in terms of where to stay away. anywhere along the 183/mopac area would keep you close to shopping(domain, arboretum). please keep us posted to when you get here... Originally Posted by hanuman
So far I'm getting that North Austin and downtown are the best areas.. Is the 183/Mopac area pretty decent?

I sure will keep you gents posted
Lots of guys don't like to go downtown.

Don't go into Williamson county. Gestapo LE there. Look on a map and find out where it is. Some parts of far north Austin are in Wilco.
183 & mopac is decent & close enough to the highways so we can fly in & out