How far are you willing to let it go?

Recently, I had one of my little scuffles with the "Attack Pack." I've always enjoyed jousting with the "half-price matinee ticket" crowd because it's so much more fun than some of the grown up work I have to do.

Details not necessary but suffice it to say that the posts coming out of their number included attacks on persons with disabilities and other matters which some people -- especially those hobbyists and providers who might have personal experience with such things -- might find incredibly invasive, personal and horribly offensive. Kinda like racism, but without the clever words.

Being one of those people, I appealed to the "leader of the pack" to he help calm his cadres down before they, in their ignorance, crossed lines none of us in an anonymous community, should ever cross.

Like a good brother, he did that.

But not without a price.

Now, that same "brother" is leaking little bits and pieces of PMs between him and me, as has his No. 2 and the No. 3 that was booted from the pack.

Additionally, he's threatened to "out" a bunch of people in his upcoming "expose" and has stated that he has new, scandalous information on some ECCIE verified providers, but that he was just too bored to post it.

Do any of you feel threatened? Do any of you feel like your personal security may be in jeopardy? Do any of you think that some of these guys are smart enough to know better but their "Dittoheads" aren't?

I know this is a blatant violation of board guidelines, but unless my home phone number is revealed, I'm guessing nothing will be done.

But how about you? Do these fellas have any chit on you? Do you feel any safer now than you did yesterday? I'm not trying to call anybody names, cast aspersions or judge anybody's lifestyle here. My point is that if we can't hold anonymity sacred -- and KEEP IT SACRED -- then none of us are worth the shag carpet we drip on. And I feel as though anything you've ever said, written or done BCD could be thrown up in your face if you cross the wrong person online.

I had an epiphany today. I got WAY away from this shit once upon a time because of stupid, illegal, dangerous people who thought they were bulletproof sitting in front of a computer. Some of those people are dead today. Others are in prison. Others have lost their families, homes and livelihoods. I'm not going to watch that happen again because I trusted the integrity of some of the members of this board. Glad I never attended a social event. If you haven't, then maybe now's not a good time to start. You'll find yourself at the intersection of Stupid and Dumber than Shit.

It's one thing to be pissed off because people are sniping at your every sentence (in blue, pink or mauve letters). But it's another thing to realize that people on ECCIE might very well decide to jeopardize your non-hobby life...and then think they're being cute, glib or "victorious."

How far are you willing to let them go? Do you trust your fellow hobbyists and providers?

My advice is to watch what you say to whom... lest it wind up on the front page of the Co-Ed section (on Eccie and in the DAs office.)

Loose lips sink ships. THAT'S A FACT!
to be honest, i only trust a few hobbyists and only a few providers.

too much bullshit on here at times. too many hobbyists needing their ego inflated, too many providers with bullshit stories i can smell a mile away.

so yep, I only trust those that I think are truly sincere.
Recently, I had one of my little scuffles with the "Attack Pack." I've always enjoyed jousting with the "half-price matinee ticket" crowd because it's so much more fun than some of the grown up work I have to do.

You have to take a shot........

Details not necessary but suffice it to say that the posts coming out of their number included attacks on persons with disabilities and other matters which some people -- especially those hobbyists and providers who might have personal experience with such things -- might find incredibly invasive, personal and horribly offensive. Kinda like racism, but without the clever words.

Being one of those people, I appealed to the "leader of the pack" to he help calm his cadres down before they, in their ignorance, crossed lines none of us in an anonymous community, should ever cross.

Like a good brother, he did that.

But not without a price.

Now, that same "brother" is leaking little bits and pieces of PMs between him and me, as has his No. 2 and the No. 3 that was booted from the pack.

If you are going to start a thread making accusations be man enough to name who you are talking about.

Additionally, he's threatened to "out" a bunch of people in his upcoming "expose" and has stated that he has new, scandalous information on some ECCIE verified providers, but that he was just too bored to post it.

Do you take everything on a hooker board as fact? Have you ever thought you were being fucked with?

Do any of you feel threatened? Do any of you feel like your personal security may be in jeopardy? Do any of you think that some of these guys are smart enough to know better but their "Dittoheads" aren't?

I felt more threatened with someone else quite frankly.....

I know this is a blatant violation of board guidelines, but unless my home phone number is revealed, I'm guessing nothing will be done.

But how about you? Do these fellas have any chit on you? Do you feel any safer now than you did yesterday? I'm not trying to call anybody names, cast aspersions or judge anybody's lifestyle here. My point is that if we can't hold anonymity sacred -- and KEEP IT SACRED -- then none of us are worth the shag carpet we drip on. And I feel as though anything you've ever said, written or done BCD could be thrown up in your face if you cross the wrong person online.

You are way out of line. I have lots of worries but my involvement in the hobby is not one of them.

I had an epiphany today. I got WAY away from this shit once upon a time because of stupid, illegal, dangerous people who thought they were bulletproof sitting in front of a computer. Some of those people are dead today. Others are in prison. Others have lost their families, homes and livelihoods. I'm not going to watch that happen again because I trusted the integrity of some of the members of this board. Glad I never attended a social event. If you haven't, then maybe now's not a good time to start. You'll find yourself at the intersection of Stupid and Dumber than Shit.

If you feel that way, maybe its time to pack it up. Only you now when its time.

It's one thing to be pissed off because people are sniping at your every sentence (in blue, pink or mauve letters). But it's another thing to realize that people on ECCIE might very well decide to jeopardize your non-hobby life...and then think they're being cute, glib or "victorious."

You are full of shit dude. With my civilian job I deal with confidential files. I know how to keep information to myself. I don't think the fact that you sent me a PM asking me to back off or ask someone else to back off is a security concern. I would not mess with anyone's civilian life. You are being paranoid and dramatic.

How far are you willing to let them go? Do you trust your fellow hobbyists and providers?

My advice is to watch what you say to whom... lest it wind up on the front page of the Co-Ed section (on Eccie and in the DAs office.)

Dude call it a day if you really feel that way...

Loose lips sink ships. THAT'S A FACT! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Good gawd!

sixx
Show some integrity. Everybody who trolls these threads knows about whom I refer. Even people with half a brain know ... and that list is extensive!

Nobody gives a rat's ass what you say. It's what you do that defines you. And we've all seen what you do. In fact, we see more evidence of what you do in your initial response to this thread.

You willing to man up and be a brother? Or hide behind your monitor and act like a schoolyard bully. (Usually, those are the folks who got their fat, spotty asses kicked as a kid)

It's on you, fella. We ALL know the difference!

Man up or put ME on ignore!
  • ztonk
  • 04-04-2011, 05:16 PM
I know this is a blatant violation of board guidelines, but unless my home phone number is revealed, I'm guessing nothing will be done. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Speaking on behalf of your Austin moderator staff, if the guidelines are broken, we will take action. If you, or anyone else, feels that isn't the case, take the issue up with the administrators or owners of the site.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
Jesus Dude, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't believe for one second you are concerned for the well being of anybody on this board. This post was purely a vehicle to take a shot at Whispers and his so called attack pack and maybe get a posse together to lynch the SOB. Feigning concern for the security of the membership is a pussy way to go about this. If you want to call him out then do it but quit acting like a little girl.
ztonk -- I have. That's why I posted this thread. I know you guys know the rules, but it's REAL EASY to shroud reality with gray areas. The dude calls you out on a daily basis.

Budman -- NUMBER ONE -- YOU CAN KISS MY ENTIRE ASS! NUMBER TWO -- bring something better than that little girl shit. We haven't had any differences, but this is ENTIRELY about people with big mouths who have shown their willingness to get into the middle of people's personal shit if they're frustrated with the way the poker game's going. If you've never had a question about your personal security in the hobby, then you're probably putting yourself in position to take a major fall. (FUCK! I KNOW YOU'VE GOT IT FIGURED OUT! WE ALL DO, RIGHT?)

And yes, I was ready to do whatever to take a shot at Whispers and his cub scout pack. But now, it's a whole new ballgame. I trust you're cognizant enough to know the difference.

Would it make you feel better if I put a picture of SHIT on this post? Monty Python?

OR TALK ABOUT OUR PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS?

It's all about trust. Fuck your dog if you want. But don't expect her to bring in tomorrow's newspaper!

The pack is willing to hurt people. You wanna hang with them?
How far are we willing to let it go, you ask? This is about far enough.

We examined the posts discussed in the thresad regarding the PM info and Staff up to the Admin level have agreed that a guideline has not been violated and someone's personal security has not been breached.

At least not yet, so before this gets completely out of hand and someone's does, I am stopping this one right here. Find something else to discuss as this one is done.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff