Burner Email Accounts

It seems like the major webmail providers insist on either a cell phone number or another email account as part of their two-part authentication... What are the various options for getting that first burner email account without tying it to a burner cell phone (or any cell phone)?
TOR mail
I thought TOR Mail was no longer in operations.
I sign on about 3 weeks ago. I use to set up other email accounts.
Yep, you're no more TOR mail. Browser still works.
TOR is a good. Still wondering about what the options are for burner email not connected to a cell phone or another email.
Do the Gmail trick.. you set up 1 that you give your main email account as backup.
Then you spawn up another giving the 1st gmail account as the backup. Then once the 2nd is working, delete the first which is the ONLY one linked to your primary.. Now you have a gmail account whose back up email is Null and void.

Then spawn up as a many as you need..
another option: try mailinator.com

make up any email address you want (e.g ijustmadethisup@mailinator.com). of course if you use something obvious or popular (e.g. junk@mailinator.com) there will be messages in the inbox from other people who are using the same thing.

you can go check the email right away at ijustmadethisup.mailinator.com

no passwords, no long term storage. messages automatically age off after 30 minutes to an hour. they have dozens of other domain names that you can find on the site.

super easy to use.
another option: try mailinator.com

make up any email address you want (e.g ijustmadethisup@mailinator.com). of course if you use something obvious or popular (e.g. junk@mailinator.com) there will be messages in the inbox from other people who are using the same thing.

you can go check the email right away at ijustmadethisup.mailinator.com

no passwords, no long term storage. messages automatically age off after 30 minutes to an hour. they have dozens of other domain names that you can find on the site.

super easy to use. Originally Posted by goodtryer
That's a very cool option. Simple to use and untraceable within 30 minutes.
Thanks for putting it out here.
But realize that you cannot send from mailinator... it's only an inbox.
  • LNK
  • 09-25-2013, 12:09 PM
But realize that you cannot send from mailinator... it's only an inbox. Originally Posted by SomeGuy999
Yep, but for many things, you just need to receive one e-mail so you can get the link or code to finish the sign-up process. Perfect.
what you will use the burner email account for.

If it is for the hobby, I have had a generic email from the yahoo for years. I do not download the mobile version as it exposes your contacts list. I use it from one of the webmail-aggregators. I lock it down on my phone behind several lock/hide it apps and go from there. I never, ever hand my phone to anyone when it is unsecured. If anyone wants to use my phone, I open the app= phone, game, browser, etc and hand it to them.

I also use a web-based text app from my phone.

The key to staying off the grid ( and out of trouble) is to not leave a trail on your Call Detail Report from your phone plan, if this is of concern to you.

Maybe this helps, if I missed your intent..... my bad.

Cheers to all

It seems like the major webmail providers insist on either a cell phone number or another email account as part of their two-part authentication... What are the various options for getting that first burner email account without tying it to a burner cell phone (or any cell phone)? Originally Posted by newalhobbyist
what you will use the burner email account for.

If it is for the hobby, I have had a generic email from the yahoo for years. I do not download the mobile version as it exposes your contacts list. I use it from one of the webmail-aggregators. I lock it down on my phone behind several lock/hide it apps and go from there. I never, ever hand my phone to anyone when it is unsecured. If anyone wants to use my phone, I open the app= phone, game, browser, etc and hand it to them.

I also use a web-based text app from my phone.

The key to staying off the grid ( and out of trouble) is to not leave a trail on your Call Detail Report from your phone plan, if this is of concern to you.

Maybe this helps, if I missed your intent..... my bad.

Cheers to all Originally Posted by jframe2
You mind sharing what Apps you are using. I have looked for a suitable lock App for an Iphone but have yet to find a good one.
I am all about Android OS, so I do not know about Apple, but I do use AppLock on my Droid.

Searching forums from the National site would probably get you some info about what works for Apple.

And never, ever download the phone app for any of the sites; Yahoo, live, etc. Use the browser or get an email aggregator.

You mind sharing what Apps you are using. I have looked for a suitable lock App for an Iphone but have yet to find a good one. Originally Posted by niteswimmer1
Since when do you need another e-mail address to sign up with Gmail? Have Gmail for years with no link to anything except my hobby Gvoice.