Important Read - Future of our community

Good morning everyone! I know I don't play here much but because of the closeness and some Austinites visit us San Antonio folks, I wanted to come share in here as well.

In light of FOSTA/SESTA (if you don't recognize this acronym, please google first then read below) passing the Senate, I'm going to be proactive and kindly request all of my past and possibly future friends and lovers to email me so that we may keep in contact should certain pages become unavailable to us in the near future.

Please email me at lovelyevelyn@protonmail.com (I highly suggest getting an encrypted email server as well).

Include your Eccie handle and if we have met or not. Then PM me so I can cross reference and make sure it matches and no one is trying to pretend to get in.

Ladies, feel free to drop your info below as well so the guys have access to you too. And also so that we can still communicate between each other if needed.

Stay safe and many blessings. <3
Yes, the U.S. Senate appears about to modify the section of the CDA (Communications Decency Act - 230) to expressly carve out websites that facilitate sex trafficking from section 230's immunity, which would then allow prosecutors to target websites that "facilitate sex trafficking."

Of course, prosecution doesn't necessarily mean criminal convictions, but the mere threat of prosecution is liable to cause changes in the websites, and, even more so, actual prosecution causes potentially huge defendant legal expenses.

All that said, whatever happens in Congress (and the House of Reps has a similar bill pending as well) and whether the bill(s) are signed into law means future legal processes in the Federal courts must also come to bear on websites.

Websites, by the way, which are not hosted in the U.S. can obviously still be targets of prosecutors, assuming that the corporate entities are U.S. based. A website owned and hosted offshore might still be targeted, assuming that the host country accepts and cooperates in the prosecution.

BackPage.com appears to be the main target of the congressional efforts, plus many of the other websites (including dating websites) that appear to be facilitating underage and sex trafficking operations.

Just curious, I am, how many FaceBook accounts support providers? I only know of a couple dozen personally, and only because those providers have sent me links. I don't search FB for hookups, but extrapolating from the dozens I know about there must be hundreds more if not thousands.

Reality check:

imo, no matter what the legal efforts might entail, the "web" is so broad and pervasive that legal efforts will be largely unsuccessful and most often trying to catch up to new technology such as twitter, snapchat tinder, etc. increasingly channel "sex" hookups on a commercial basis.

The OP's thoughts are valued here, and my caution to all involved in the Hobby is that the true value in communications suggests that multiple backups are necessary in order to keep communications channels alive and well.

Good morning Lovely,
Thank you for the information. I did google that acronym and it just took me to a TIME/Warner page. Could you elaborate a little more on that please?
OK CK posted before me - I got it and thanks again.
  • Loxly
  • 03-20-2018, 04:38 PM
I had posted a reference to this a while back:
https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2329855
My signature line includes a link to the EFF which explains why FOSTA/SESTA is bad, and not just for us but eventually for all Internet freedom.
The sad thing is, its already passed the Senate and we (providers) are already seeing the effects. (A popular verification site will be shut down this week because of this)

Please be proactive and get prescreening done in advance and get the contact info of your favorites or those you'd like to see at least in the future.
What site is closing? imo, all it has to do is go offshore to survive at present. Quite likely even if the legislation passes both the house and the Senate and is signed into law, there will no doubt be court fights lasting several years' time.
The sad thing is, its already passed the Senate and we (providers) are already seeing the effects. (A popular verification site will be shut down this week because of this)

Please be proactive and get prescreening done in advance and get the contact info of your favorites or those you'd like to see at least in the future. Originally Posted by lovelyevelyn
The site is not getting shut down. They are shutting down the forums on that site because it is too much to police it... but the verification site itself will remain operational. We are only losing the forum.
I will place a few calls to my contacts with power and influence and let all of you people know exactly what might or will happen with this legislation.
I will place a few calls to my contacts with power and influence and let all of you people know exactly what might or will happen with this legislation. Originally Posted by Treetop78759
I thought Captain Kangaroo passed away.
I thought Captain Kangaroo passed away. Originally Posted by saustin
I will place a few calls to my contacts with power and influence and let all of you people know exactly what might or will happen with this legislation. Originally Posted by Treetop78759
I didn't know Howard Wolowitz was a member of the legislature.

Isn't that old t's line?
CityVibe was shut down. Whether you want to believe it or not, and whether it's going to take 90 days or years, we all will be affected in some way.
Here’s some of my info so y’all can keep in touch
Www.instagram.com/caseyyyykk
Www.twitter.com/caseyyyyykk