Protecting yourself in the hobby

I've been reading more and more about hobbyist getting robbed by providers and their management. Mostly this is by Backpage providers and very few Eccie.

Going forward, What do you do to protect yourself from being a victim?
Rule #1: Stay off BP.

I prefer private incalls - house, apartment or large hotel - to walk-up motels or outcalls.

I only take my keys, phone, and the exact donation amount with me to the door, no matter how many times I've seen her before.

Lastly, I do my research on a lady long before I make initial contact. I read reviews and ask my fellow mongers when we gather at social events.
+1 All good Stuff
I agree on all. Not to become a statistic, conceal carry is a damn option also.
In addition to what CoverMe wrote, I mainly source providers here on ECCIE or P411. Speaking of, think it's time I get my P411 account underway.
I research who I see ... getting rolled will not occur ...
Rule #1: Stay off BP. Originally Posted by CoverMe
Rule #2: See Rule #1

And wear a cup.
#1 - Stay off back page
#2 - Research
#3 - Hobby phone, aka burner phone
I make sure to read reviews, not just on eccie, but also other sites like TER are really good too.

P411 used to be a great way to see what a provider was open to, but they changed the rules in the past year or two
I always take 2 friends with me everywhere I go, that includes hobby meetings. I have keyless entry on my car so I don't even take my car key. I go in with my donation, my friends (1 of whome is named Smith) and a Crown cover.
Has the land of milk and pussy gotten THAT bad?
Listen to your gut. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isnt.
If you do your research and find a reputable provider with reviews and has been around for awhile you should not have an issue.If you don't do research just call an ad with some hot photos or a great rate then you might end up in a situation like what you described.Ter,Eccie,P411,googl e and running photos google images to see that the photos are authentic and not stolen are just a few things you can do.
Have fun!
Has the land of milk and pussy gotten THAT bad? Originally Posted by Nicolet
No.
But newbies make mistakes. And there are violent azzholes that use hobby for theft set-up with gals as bait. Rather stupid as they are easily caught by leo if reported.

Repeating the various key items above:
Research
Research
Research

And I'll add that both guys and gals should have multiple phones. A burner phone. A real world phone. And most hobby gals that I repeat with have a third phone, as do I, which is only for hobby friends that have become trusted friends.
The problems I see most people having is when they go for providers that have no presence anywhere and just postings on bp. I, for one, have guns at my incall. Thankfully I screen so I've never had to use them before. But I honestly have taken knives away and given them back at the end of session. I don't care who it is or how many times I've seen someone, do not bring a gun to my incall. At the end of the day, as a small female I may have a chance of getting to a gun to protect myself from an unsavory gentleman. If he's armed I have no chance at protecting myself and I will not take that chance. Carry if you're seeing someone unverified. Don't for verified girls. Because it will not be a happy situation for any of the parties involved